Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2020 Explorer Issues - 4WD Fault, Pre Collision Assist Not Available, Service Advance Trac

Yes got it a year ago, it was AWD module which even under warranty they charged me half $1200 but i paid $600
  2. B

Upgraded B&O System Sound Quality...

Also turn off the speed compensation mode, will sound much better
  3. B

Added a new vehicle to my team 2020 Explorer ST

Added a new vehicle to my team 2020 Explorer ST
  4. B

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I have owned 2, an 94 2wd and a 95 4wd ext. Loved it for 331,000 miles
  5. B

New with 4.6 3V AWD

I have been using a hypertech tuner on my 06 and it pretty good to start, 93 octane tune speed limit removed much better shifts, also the sounds is different because of timing change.
  6. B

How can you deactivate ABS/RSC when one of your ABS sensors goes bad ?

I had that problem before and i removed the abs fuse to drive it until my new wheel hub and sensor came
  7. B

spongy brake

I would check the brake hoses , the reason is within the year I had my front brake hoses burst with no warning at all only the pedal go to the floor and lost half my fluid with no brake light warning. I have just hit 182000 miles.
  8. B

Dual climate control issue

If u have access to a good scanner tool it will show the code for a blend door or any other hvac issues. Mine has the same issue code B2267 for the right side blend circuit fault
  9. B

2010 After market rims.

2009 Ford Explorer had 18" wheels with 44mm and 20" wheels with 35mm so that would be 9mm max from factory
  10. B

4.6l tune benefits?

Im using a hypertech tuner on my 06 4,6 3v and gas mileage better, in city so far. Throttle response is much better.
  11. B

Advance Trac problem

Make sure the abs sensor is plugged in, or reuse old sensor with new hub like i had to. My new hub came with a damaged abs sensor doing shipping.
  12. B

Trans fluid leaking at radiator. How to repair?

I replaced mine with transmission compression fittings part# T16996ZR from Amazon since transmission shops sale out as fast as they come in.
  13. B

Anyone upgraded Factory Nav system (2010 Limited)?

That will be all you need and the idatalink will also retain your satellite radio and comes with new GPS antenna. I just installed a Kenwood DDX 9903s with front and back cameras. Don't forget the Ford radio antenna adapter.
  14. B

driver's seat question, and spark plugs

No it wont affect your code, and you can get it with forscan software very easy, enjoy your Explorer.
  15. B

New (to me) '06, with a few questions..

You can get your door code with forscan
  16. B

Tire recommendation

I just switched to Continentals SureContact Ecoplus . So far worked awesome in rain and snow. Wear very good too. 70,000 mileage warranty. Kinda pricey if you don't get a discount. Changed the size to 265/60x18 from the 235/65x18 1/2" increase in height.
  17. B

2008 Ford Explorer xlt

I turned on DLR with forscan. My truck didn't have it but did have the auto lamp. DLR works as soon as I shift to drive now, even with auto lamp off.
  18. B

Best Option for backup camera with Navi?

Its works very good so far, much better NAV with Google maps or Waze. Also added Ford splash screen to Kenwood to look like factory. Will show pictures shortly.
  19. B

What Kind of Power to Expect from 4.6?

I have a 2006 4.6 Limited 4x4 and its seems to be my fastest of the three I own. 1997 Explorer 5.0AWD, 2005 4.0 v6 and the 4.6 Limited will run right up to right under 100 m.p.h if you don't lift.
  20. B

Front wheel locking up

It could be the front bearing going bad and cause the abs sensor to not read properly. Mine did that in traffic and wont move until I removed the abs fuse
  21. B

Front Wheel Hub Bearing

Wow mine were very easy on my 2006 Explorer , about 2 hours the first time on mine then did my friends 2007 Monty in about hour.
  22. B

P2135 after TPS replacement

My 2006 Ex Limited 4.6 turn out to be the wiring connection at the TB. The wires are kind of brittle from heat I guess. The 2 wires had to be separated and has been working ever since. About 2 years now.
  23. B

Help! new plugs etc..

I had a similar issue a few years back on my 2006 Explorer V8. All new motorcraft plugs and coils, but kept going misfire on cyl 7. Turn out to be a bad brand new spark plug. That was over 2 years ago
Back