Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2014 XSport Fog light took a rock..

I've ordered some of these - $170 for the pair: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-ford-cars.html
  2. T

Livernois tune experience

Have you used DashCommand to measure any power or torque gains? I'm not sure how much I trust the results it's giving me - it's reading 450+ hp and 500+ lbft...
  3. T

HID/LED Headlamps and/or Fog Lamps - GO LIONS!!

If you're upgrading to HID for any sort of improvement in light output and forward vision I highly suggest doing a proper projector upgrade. There is a great how to here (starts at post #162 ). I started with a coolbulbs retrofit and then did the proper projector retrofit and the difference...
  4. T

gas mileage, tuned

20mpg driving at 80mph sounds pretty reasonable to be for a 400hp(?) vehicle.
  5. T

Ford Explorer sport body colored door handles

Mind if I ask what you paid? Looking at the Ford parts site it seems like $100+ per door?
  6. T

flashing third brake light

I've had vehicles (European) that activate their hazard warning lights when the brake pedal is struck with a certain amount of force and a certain level of deceleration is attained, like during an emergency stop. It doesn't activate each time the brake pedal is touched though which is what the...
  7. T

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Nope, if you add them to the cart it adds an additional $56 deposit that is returned when you send your OEM parts. The initial charge is $167! I bought some $5 festoon LEDs and did the work myself.
  8. T

H8 mistake

You've lost me. 9005 is the headlight bulb. H11 is the stock fog bulb. Why would you want to replace an H11 with an H8 and have less light?
  9. T

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

$111 for the brightest puddle lights?! Hot damn.
  10. T

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I don't like the outside. I think it's lost some of its identity. The grill looks very cluttered and I really don't like reflector type headlight housings, whether they're LED or not. For some reason it reminds me of a 2008 Suzuki Vitara! I do like the interior though and some of the new...
  11. T

Shift Speed Tap up Tap Down

Specifically I'd love to be able to adjust: Throttle response Shift points/speed/mapping Front/rear torque split Traction/stability control
  12. T

Shift Speed Tap up Tap Down

Have you guys figured out how to tweak any of the 4wd settings or things controlled by the terrain response dial?
  13. T

How hard to remove front bumper

Do you want to remove it completely or just enough to access what is behind it? If you just need to loosen it this post shows you how. If you want to remove it completely there are more screws to remove along the bottom and you need to disconnect the foglights, but it's still not that hard.
  14. T

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I finally got round to doing the full conversion over the weekend. WOW! The difference is amazing. I've had factory HIDs, factory halogens, upgraded halogen bulbs, and aftermarket HID bulbs in halogen projectors, and nothing compares to the EVOX-Rs. It is a project but if you're half way...
  15. T

Car seats question

Ah, the ancient puzzle of fitting car seats in the new Explorer. Before ordering/buying I think it would be useful if the sales team advised potential buyers of the difficulties they might run into if they want to fit one car seat, let alone multiple. In my opinion the middle seat on the...
  16. T

Hella supertones

Tell me more...
  17. T

NEW, Tranparent Bonnet

Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical, but why can't those of you that don't want to reserve/parallel park just use your mirrors? Simply adjust them down so you can see the kerb. I've had cars that even do this automatically when you engage reverse, but it's really not that hard to do...
  18. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

How's the MKT? Noticed any torque steer yet? ;)
  19. T

Sport Wheel Paint Color

I can tell you it's not the Tuxedo Black of the body paint as that's metallic.
  20. T

2nd Row Sliding?

I had the same problem which is why I traded my old Limited with a bench seat for a Sport with 2nd row buckets before our son outgrew his infant car seat and moved to a convertible. The 2nd row buckets do slide fore and aft, but you probably only gain about ~1" over the bench (they probably...
  21. T

Foglight Bulb Options

Can you post photos? Particularly of their actual output on the pavement, not straight at the bulb. OEM H11 foglight bulbs are ~1200 lumens. Good quality HIDs are 3000+. Even 420 lumens is pretty dim relatively. They probably appear bright if you look at the bulb but I doubt they have...
  22. T

Question about ALL WHEEL DRIVE??.

Torque steer on the Sport is a bit of an issue. The AWD system is computer controlled and in Normal mode only sends power to the rear when the fronts are detected as starting to slip, but by this point a bunch of torque has already been sent to the front to cause the slip. I can even feel it...
  23. T

3 Month Update and Review.

I doubt your dealer really checked the headlight alignment or even knows what they're talking about, especially if their advice was to use your foglights. If your wife is being flashed without having her brights on just adjust them down a bit yourself. Park in front of a garage door or wall...
  24. T

Performance/dyno type iPhone apps

I'm looking for a relatively cheap vehicle performance type of app to track things like 0-60 time, 50-70 time etc. Anyone have any recommendations? Either accelerometer/GPS based or something that links to a module plugged into the OBD-II port.
  25. T

Installing HID? Read this first.

Short answer is yes. As I understand it, it takes a few seconds for the ball of plasma to stabilize during which time the color of the light output (and perceived brightness) changes slightly. All the vehicles I've owned with OEM HIDs have done the same.
Back