Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2010 Explorer headlamps

So I only have the one left high beam headlights. My regular beams are non functional but the fog lights work however I only have the left high beam while driving. The fuses are not blown under the hood and I changed bulbs. Any other suggestions?
  2. E

Grinding while braking

So... When im braking or accelerating at low speeds theres this grinding noise. When I brake it gets worse and when I stop the wheel pulls very hard to the left. Any ideas?
  3. E

Front hitch spare tire.

Gladly I haven't seen any uptick in operating temp ie: coolant and intake temp via obd2 and torque app. Ride quality hasn't suffered either. Time will tell though.
  4. E

More info to come soon...

Where can I get one of these for my 2010? Take my money please!
  5. E

Front hitch spare tire.

So I put on a front hitch from curt which was stupid easy. And I put a tire mount with my 285 duratrac on it. Before anyone gets on the soapbox about departure and approach angle this will not be on while I'm wheelin (trying not to get stuck).
  6. E

The reason I have an empty wallet.

(Or my drinking) 2010 Explorer Limited v6 77xxx on the clock 12mpg average Mods Karma WiFi hot spot Garmin g20 Dash-Cam The Retrofit Source Morimoto 5k HID w/ Canbus Plastidipped Front Grille Front fenders removed (pending trimming) fender wells modified w/ a BFH. Deleted roof rails 5%...
  7. E

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Finally did it. After lurking for so long then registering I couldn't resist. Now to resist emptying my wallet after reading about mods I can do. :p
  8. E

Not to sure about lifting my Explorer??

Well I mean underneath in the spare tire space. I did fit 33's w/ the traxdas.
  9. E

I went a little overzealous with the air gun taking the front top strut bolts out and broke two of em in the process. I have the monroe quick struts on all four corners and they went in easypeasy (I only did the fronts due to time.) Whats the biggest tire we can fit under there?
  10. E

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

What size tires are those tony?
  11. E

The quick struts are awesome!
  12. E

Rubbed bit on the lower edge. Just haven't trimmed them yet. :p
  13. E

Near Jackson NJ
  14. E

Duratrac 285 tires

So a little update. After having the new tires for about month I have to say my experience is amazing! My gas mileage hasn't suffered terrible and the ride quality isnt really any more noticeable. The biggest difference is the **** eating grin when I am tearing up (carefully untill new uca's)...
  15. E

Will fusion key work?

I ordered these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-2009-2010-FORD-FUSION-TAURUS-EDGE-FREESTYLE-KEYLESS-REMOTE-HEAD-KEY-/310927048530?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4864b23f52&vxp=mtr and it worked perfectly.
  16. E

Custom Winch Bumper

Not to hijack but I'm looking for a winch solution as well. Could a front receiver work for these ex's?
  17. E

How many MPG do you get?

Just got my tires a week ago and 285/75r/16's I am averaging 15-16 w/ mixed driving.
  18. E

I know for a fact I did my fronts only w/ traxda and it was uneven. I was astonished how smooth it rode after I threw the truxx in w/ new monroe struts on all for corners (I may have broke a bolt or two in the front while removing them on the old ones :p)
  19. E

Duratrac 285 tires

The tires rubbed where the flares came into the wheel well down low (on the left side). Had to take them off and havent had a chance to trim them yet.
  20. E

Can I just level my truck?

I wouldnt recommend it. If your going to replace the front with a different brand I would do the back as well.
  21. E

Help With Leveling Kit

I did the fronts only due to time constraints (the back is done now) and I can attest it was lifted way to high (using stock wheels as well). Once the back was done it was level. I used the the traxda kit and it was stupid easy with the right equipment.
  22. E

Duratrac 285 tires

Heres one in South NJ @ Colliers Mills.
  23. E

Brown wire mod 07 sport trac?

Whats the easiest access for the wire?
  24. E

Brown Wire Mod

Yoster. Where can I find said wire?
  25. E

Duratrac 285 tires

My 10 Ex with 285's! So I had my Duratrac 285/75r16 installed on soft8's w/ spacers. Oh boy did it require some trimming. The inner mud guards needed to be removed, along with the automatic running boards, and the fender flares are off waiting to be trimmed. The ride quality surprisingly isnt...
Back