Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

P0171 and P0174 caused by low fuel???

Well... I've driven all this week to work and so far it feels good, no check engine light on or rough idle. I'm making a 400 miles trip this weekend for the ultimate test, but I think that was it, I think it'll be alright. If I had know this was going to cost me only $30 and a few hours, I...
  2. A

Thank you Very much Joe, I triple checked the "phenolic Spacer", and definitely it wasn't there. Maybe other models have it or maybe under the fuel rail? Anyway.... Thank God I finished!! :) so far it runs nice and steady, I hope that was my issue, if for some reason it wasn't, well... the...
  3. A

nevermind to this one... I managed to disconnect it, not sure if I did it the right way or not, but it's done. Now... by NO MEANS I'm a mechanic, I just google stuff, read and try to get this done. That being said... after removing the manifold, Other questions raised. Is it normal for it to...
  4. A

Hello Again Joe!! (or anybody else) I can't figure out how to paste a picture here, (I don't see the "Manage Attachments" button).... But!! I disconnected everything of the TB to take it off and replace the gaskets, and there is a connection right under the IAC, seems to be a gas line...
  5. A

Thanks Joe, I'm goin to clear the codes tonight and see what happens tomorrow. I'm at 192k :) I was concerned the pump was giving up. The gaskets are only about $28, so it will not hurt my wallet much to go that way. Regards,
  6. A

I just found the procedure for the gasket replacement on other thread (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1555157) BUT, can anybody explain the fuel pressure thing? Regards, AD
  7. A

What about the low fuel pressure? were you experiencing that as well? Also, have you seen any step by step procedure to change those? AND.. I forgot to mention, I replaced the fuel filter just in case, but that didn't fix it. Regards, AD
  8. A

Hi all, I'm quite new here, so I apologize if I'm not posting on the right place. That begin said, I hope somebody can help me out. The truck is an explorer 98, V6, vin X. I've had this codes since FOREVER, but I finally want to get them fixed. When it comes to drive, the truck is just...
  9. A

Another Lean Code Mystery: P0171 & P0174

Psycho, I have read all the thread since I'm having the same problem on my 98 explorer (vin X), did you check the fuel pressure? I did mine today, and at idle is 28 psi, which according to the manual is bellow the minimum values. I'm thinking that's causing the lean codes. Any ideas?
Back