Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

My transmission rebuild

Ok sorry we got off subject with the picture thing, all my pics will be coming today or tomorrow morning. :salute:Elite explorer here I come:D
  2. T

93 explorer sport starting issues

im curious if that is your problem, if not, after reading your post and all the black goop in your fuel filter I wonder if any of that got into your injectors, which could be causing your lean condition. other than that im at a loss. good luck
  3. T

Rangerdoc that is what I was getting at earlier I had a yota that would basically flood itself the psi regulator was bad. Since u have replaced it and verified fuel pressure, it wouldn't be a bad decision to pull the dipstick and see if u get a gas odor, aswell as pull plugs see what they look...
  4. T

Just curious have you checked fuel pressure, I have not read the entire post yet but it sounds like u may have a bad pressure regulator. I'm at work at the present time so when I get off I'll read the entire posting.
  5. T

My transmission rebuild

True Larry I am having issues with Dropbox at the moment but we shall see
  6. T

My transmission rebuild

Thxs for the info nate Kiki I'll give it a whirl
  7. T

My transmission rebuild

I got to get elite to post pics, sorry guys. Give me a week until I get paid.
  8. T

My transmission rebuild

Well I've decided to take the plunge and try my own trans rebuild. I've taken notes from glaciers rebuild diary as well as the frakentranny. Although I'm not doing a frakentranny, I'm more or less documenting it for myself aswell as hopefully someone can assist me in this hence the fact I've got...
  9. T

Frappuccino for coolant

I think the lower intake or possibly a freeze plug I believe there is one on the heads just behind the accessory drive but regardless I would flush it again. Prestone makes a good cheap flush and new thermostat because u have serious corrosion problem that needs to be addressed before the water...
  10. T

crank no start

yeah might be best, im not much for diagnostics but if u have checked spark and fuel its not smoking, its hard to tell over the computer u know
  11. T

crank no start

another thing you can do to see if u have fuel at the injectors is on the regulator or by the regulator there should be a shradder valve push it and see if fuel squirts out (wear some form of eye protection). fuel in the eyeballs sucks, its not gonna tell you anything related to psi just if u...
  12. T

crank no start

finding out whats wrong/ diagnosing/ i hate it personally but yeah check fuel psi, also wouldnt be a bad idea to pop a valve cover and make sure your cam timing & crank timing are correct dont know how many miles are on there or anything but i will say that my timing chain was loose/loose...
  13. T

Need Advice on Pulling Engine

same with above theres threaded holes on firewall side of engine just make sure you are threaded in the head far enough, dont use accessory bolt there weak and will bend under load of engine
  14. T

crank no start

well if that didnt work now comes the hard work but where i would start now is go get a code reader its gonna be expensive i know but that would be a good place to start or try renting one
  15. T

crank no start

also try and pull codes cause if it is something in the system wrong like crank position sensor it should through a code, code readers are cheap compared to throwing parts at it believe me i was in your shoes started throwing parts at it and come to find out it was something completely...
  16. T

crank no start

try pulling the intake tube off to expose butterfly on throttle body and squirt starter fluid in there or throttle body cleaner, cause the pump could work but dosent mean its pumping fuel, or u can get a fuel pressure gauge and check it k.o.e.o
  17. T

no brake lights need help fast please

heres the search result i found that fixed my problen and in the diagram it shows fuse #4 as being a 15amp to the flashers and all that stuff it could of been #1 either way it was a simple 15 amp fuse, look at 90-2 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387973&highlight=brake+lights
  18. T

OMG just fixed it found in wiring diagrams fuse#4 which works hazard flasher was the culprit, damn i feel like a idiot
  19. T

Tryed it and it didnt work still having same problem
  20. T

Hey guys posted a similar question in a searched thread had no hits, trying to figure out why my brake lights are out I'm thinking multifunction switch cause I've replaced two brake pressure switches and no change, I've replaced bulbs and, checked the fuses #9 & #13 I believe. The fuses show...
  21. T

all brake lights out, taillights fine?

hey guys throwing this in this old post cause i have a similar problem on my 94 explorer, on my way home from school today (trade school), i was informed that i didnt have brake lights. went to autozone cause it was close and replaced the brake light switch on the pedal, no change, replaced both...
  22. T

Wheel Bearings loose AGAIN???

Check your hub spindles I had a similar problem and found the hub spindle was worn out, take a outside micrometer and mic the spindle and the inside of the bearing and a Haynes manual will give you a tolerance for them
  23. T

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

replaced the alternator since the bearings decided to lock up and fall apart, still pretty impressed the alternator had motorcraft all over it not sure if its original or not. Had a issue with the batt light on and after reading on here found a 15amp fuse to be the culprit, gonna look into this...
  24. T

My 5.0 swap with details

Hey Dude did you ever get this thing running
  25. T

oil gushing out

Thanks I'll give it a try
Back