Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Sold my 2012 Explorer Limited

Thanks! I got an Audi A6. Had a BMW X5 for years then came to the Explorer.... It sat in the garage mostly. So A6 was meant to be for my needs... Love it!
  2. H

Sold my 2012 Explorer Limited

Hi all, So bidding farewell here - I ended up selling my 2012 Explorer Limited earlier this week. Great truck, just not my taste... I am sure someone will enjoy and love it more than I did. I barely had it for 4 months! By the way - thank you for all the great advice on issues. Didn't really...
  3. H

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

I had the same musty, mildew smell. Took it to my dealer, they said they do not have any instructions from Ford on cleaning or performing any action to fix this issue. Basically left me stranded. The smell gets worse and worse on hot days... Here is what I tried, that other car manufacturers...
  4. H

Fuel filter on 2011+ explorers

My service adviser informed me when I purchased my pre-owned 2012 Explorer Limited, that the fuel filter does not need to be replaced. It is indeed part of the fuel pump.
  5. H

Voice Command - is it worthless

Its a real nice feature actually. Just a slight learning curve. Took me a few days of playing with options and I feel now I've mastered it. I use it for almost everything in the vehicle while driving. Also - far better system than the BMW X5 i-drive voice commands; they were extremely limited...
  6. H

AC Drain location

Here is a picture:
  7. H

AC Drain location

Found the drain, under the drivers side, looking up by the firewall from underneath, there is a plastic tube poking out about 2 inches towards the front. It does not drop down like other vehicles. I will try to add a pic shortly.
  8. H

On-going Issues - I may dump this ride.

Yeah I hear you all.. My X5 was extremely reliable, except for its share of minor issues; water pump failing out of no warning and in the middle of the highway stranding me. Other then that - no real big issues. Now the V8's have their issues with coolant leaks, burning oil and more; Thanks for...
  9. H

On-going Issues - I may dump this ride.

Its all mostly poor workmanship... I've gone around and fixed most of my squeaks and rattles over the course of 3 months now.. I am very an*l about rattles and squeaks and I seem to find many rushed production mistakes. I came from a 2008 BMW X5 which I had put on 105K miles and till the end...
  10. H

AC Drain location

Can anyone point me to where the AC drain host is located on our Explorers? Mine is a 2012 Limited. I did a search but no where found the location of it. Thanks!
  11. H

2013 Power Liftgate Problem.

I had the similar issue - I tried everything and so did the dealer. Finally had to get it replaced and the new ones supposedly have a new part number. Piece of crap early builds.. By the way mine is a 2012 Limited. Let me just say, if you are under warranty you are lucky. Out of warranty I hear...
  12. H

Rattle - help!

I sprayed some grease on the passenger seat base joints and where the base foot meets any plastic. Squeaks gone. Will monitor when they come back! Now I enjoy the nice quiet ride. Basically some plastic covers were squeaking against other metal objects, cheap plastic...
  13. H

Rattle - help!

I have an annoying rattle coming from under the front passenger seat. It sounds like metal to metal ticking everytime i hit a bump or rough ride. If i press on the seat, the rattle goes away. Shows poor workmanship and cheap materials... or maybe rushing to build them and lacking quality. I...
  14. H

Rear hatch light

Hello Peter, There is on the ceiling yes; but not on the door or side of the hatch. So when all the seats are up - the rear bucket area is pretty dark. I had a BMW X5 before this and other SUV's; they always had a light on the liftgate door so when the hatch is open; it shines on the cargo area...
  15. H

Rear hatch light

Is it just me or does anyone else feel bothered that a 50K some vehicle is missing a simple rear hatch light when the hatch is opened. I find it ridiculous when you open the hatch at night, that there is no light and you have to scramble like a blind man.... Any way to retro-fit a light...
  16. H

Great Ford Dealerships

Franklin Ford in Franklin, MA is a great dealership - From sales to Service; fantastic staff and very courteous. Highly recommend them!
  17. H

Front Valence for Ford Explorer Sport 2013

Lower valance removal/install Hi all, My 2012 Limited had a scratched up and damaged valance on the front bumper. I purchased a new one online. Anyone here has instructions on removal and install? I did the search around here but not much info could be found. thanks
  18. H

Rear cup holder issue

Thanks, I just checked and looks like the spring is missing. I will have to take it in sometimes.
  19. H

Rear cup holder issue

I just purchased a 2012 Explorer Limited. Noticed that the rear cupholder (middle under the AC/heat controls) opens up as you take off, it does not latch on, basically loose. Is there a mechanism that it might have popped out? tension, etc.? I cannot find any details on searching this forum...
  20. H

Ambient Lighting Problems

Just to update - I tested tonight, and since the new MFT update, the ambient light color stays the same after restarts, etc. I did disconnect my battery last week for about 15 mins, and made sure I set everything all over. Looks like it works.
  21. H

Ambient Lighting Problems

Ambient light resetting Hello, I just purchased a new to me 2012 Explorer Limited with 302A package. What I notice is the ambient light color resets back to default blue after restarting the car or the next day. Any ideas why this happens? I updated my MFT version to the latest available...
Back