Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Can not fill the fuel tank

If your filler neck is rusted it is easy to tell. Go under the truck where the filler neck is with a flashlight. Once you can see the filler neck, reach up and grap it and twist it and pull on it. In most cases it will grek if twisted with enough force. You can also remove the clamp and pull the...
  2. E

Has Anyone Changed Out the Filler Neck?

I had the same problem. Mine would not let me fill up the tank quick. It took forever. I went to the locally owned parts store in town and got a metal nipple and a smaller diamter hose and extended the rubber section up the filler neck a little farther. total cost about $10.
  3. E

Miss on cyls. 4 and 6 after engine warms up

sorry its been so long. turned out it was the drivers side timing chain guide. I was able to replace them by marking the chain after I locked down the cams with vise grips. then once I unbolted the gear from the cam I had a buddy hold the gear and chain out of the way while I swapped out the...
  4. E

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

thanks for the great write up. saved me loads of time.
  5. E

Miss on cyls. 4 and 6 after engine warms up

I have a 97 explorer with the 4.0 sohc engine. Has 60k miles. Just bought it. Ignition components are good. When engine is cold it runs fine. After it warms up it starts missing on cylinders 4 and 6 then it set a multi cylinder misfire code. This is on the left side of the engine. I also have...
Back