Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Upgrade MAF sensor on a 3.0L ?

Larger MAF? Beware! If you go with a bigger maf sensor body you are going to slow down the air passing by the sensor which will cause your ECU to send LESS fuel to the injectors causing a dangerous "lean" condition. What you CAN do is, streamline the inside surfaces of the housing with a...
  2. W

4R55E (or 4R44E) Solenoid Location?

Is the EPC solenoid inside the oil pan? I remember reading somewhere that it could be adjusted from outside of the trans housing on the passenger side. Wendl Ormsby Covina, CA wendorms@gmail.com
  3. W

4r55e help

Is there any truth to the trans (4R44E) tuning tip that turning the EPC Solenoid clockwise 1/4 turn makes it shift firmer?
  4. W

4R55E (or 4R44E) Solenoid Location?

4R44E EPC soleniod I read that turning the EPC Solenoid clockwise 1/4 turn will firm up the shifts in my 128,000 mile, '99 Ranger. Is there anywhere in this forum that shows how to do that? Thanks in advance, Wendl Ormsby Covina, CA wendorms@gmail.com
  5. W

4R44E/4R55E Disassembly.

1999 4r44e Howzit, all? Does anyone know how to turn in the motor module or solenoid to make my aging 4r44e shift a bit more solid? I looked and it appears to be behind a cat converter with no possible access. Thanks in advance.. Wendl Ormsby Covina, CA wendorms@gmail.com
Back