Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Does that mean we will get some software patch for 2014 explorer as well in July?? I don't want to drive the car on the highway while worrying about power steering failure :(
  2. E

2014 explorer sport idle speed

Thanks Twinsen. I think will need to ask them to check it out on my 1st dealer visit.
  3. E

2014 explorer sport idle speed

I searched forum and did not find a thread regarding idle speed for 14 explorer sport. my sport shows ~ 1500 RPM cold idling and little bit over 1000 RPM with normal temp. Just want to check with you guys. Is it normal? I only have it 3 months and haven't done the first oil change...
  4. E

Front Parking Sensors

Thanks Peter for the detail explanation. a few friends of mine have the "limited" w/ active park assist system. but they mentioned that the front bumper sensors did not beep (or work) when doing "manual" parking. Or there is a way to turn it on for both "auto" and "manual" or it is supposed...
  5. E

Front Parking Sensors

the front-sensor "sport" has is ABS sensor ? (or sport doesn't have any front sensor?) what about "adaptive cruise control"/crash control? Is there front sensor for these function?
  6. E

will not shift until 3000rpm?

Thanks Guys. now I feel like I could drive my new toy wildly :)
  7. E

Thanks LukerDooker and 66gt350ps. it is not full floor. maybe 40%-50%. it is noticed that if I only give 10% or 20% smoothly ( normally 3-5s run ~15 feet very slow....) it will shift at around 2000rpm. (especially at the traffic light, normally you will feel way slow than other cars...
  8. E

got my 2014 explorer sport for about two weeks. one thing I am not sure if it is normal that for the 1st gear it won't shift till 3000rpm with moderate gas? this is our first SUV. for my sedan car (V6 Pontiac), I will feel the gear shifting around 2200.
Back