Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Water Leak

Water leak near 3rd row seat SOOOOOO frustrating to have yet another problem with Ford Explorer. If pushing for the recall for the steering issue was not enough of a hassle (and much wasted personal time with repeat trips to dealership), the never ending rattling from under the front side (yet...
  2. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

to: reneeharding You need to switch dealerships! From all of our experiences, some dealerships handle this better than others so you don't have to be out of pocket the $1,600, if you are able to state your case very forcefully. Bottom line is that Ford is in very dangerous territory by not...
  3. W

Everyone PLEASE file a complaint with the NHTSA!!! Even if your vehicle is now fixed. If they don't see the aggregated number of complaints it will slow down their reaction time. NO ONE should let Ford get away with this - Ford must replace the entire steering rack at their cost. Bottom...
  4. W

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD. Noise in the front wheel.

UPDATE!!! Finally fixed! A service manager with 30 years' experience finally figured it out and fixed my rattling issue - it was the strut. It was not the sway bar (which they fixed several months ago and that did nothing). They figured out which strut it was and replaced it and problem was...
  5. W

Engine knocking

2011 Explorer rattling noise UPDATE!!! Finally fixed! A service manager with 30 years' experience finally figured it out and fixed my rattling issue - it was the strut. It was not the sway bar (which they fixed several months ago and that did nothing). They figured out which strut it was and...
  6. W

You should absolutely NOT pay for that. It means that when you took your vehicle in for the recall, the dealership was - allegedly - lazy and/or cheap and only did a software fix, but that does not fix it. If you still have the failure after the fix (like I did), then they should replace the...
  7. W

Power steering continues to fail even after recall fix Thanks, Crystal. I just sent you a PM. However, when I have done that in the past and received a case number, the dealership didn't really seem to care, so it didn't help me at all. I really need to know that Ford acknowledges that...
  8. W

Beware! I got mine " fixed" the first week of the recall and it just failed AGAIN!!!! I am terrified! Now where am I supposed to turn for help?
  9. W

By the way, I recently purchased new tires, but rattling noise is the same before and after.
  10. W

I have the same problem as GMCA! Please help. It is not in the tire, sounds more like right side under center or near front. Same thing when you are driving slowly, turning, going over bumps, going downhill. Only at low speeds. Two visits to Ford service and they didn't find anything. I...
  11. W

Same issue with knocking in 2011 Explorer
  12. W

Engine knocking

Engine knocking on downhill, idling, over bumps or driving under 5 mph Help! My 2011 Explorer Ltd makes an annoying rattling sound underneath when I drive downhill (such as in a parking garage on downhill ramp), when idling going over bumps in drive or reverse, or when braking or driving under...
Back