Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Leaking Power Steering Fluid??

Guessing the Ford/Motorcraft part is long retired. Will probably just grab that Gates hose off RockAuto. Thanks again for all the advice.
  2. M

Thanks fellas! Does the leak ever come from directly above that ... where the movable tube meets in the connection? My hose had slipped off a bracket little lower down, and caused some extra play in that upper connection. If so, would I need to order a new hose? Otherwise, will get that...
  3. M

Few more pics…
  4. M

I have a leak coming from the part circled below. It’s been leaking for couple months … a silver dollar sized spot on pavement each morning. Thing is, my power steering reservoir level has not changed at all. Shouldn’t the reservoir level be dropping? Am I able to buy just that part...
  5. M

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!🎄
  6. M

400,000 miles!

Love it! Next stop, 500k!! I'm at 292,000 with original engine and trans also. And might throw in original fuel pump as well... Anyway, if I can pass 300,000, will be a happy man!
  7. M

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  8. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1999 Mountaineer 5.0 288,000 miles (original engine and transmission)
  9. M

Happy Thanksgiving! WKRP Turkey Drop

I'm thankful for all the help I received over the years from this forum. Happy Thanksgiving to all.:salute:
  10. M

Higest miler?

I'll throw my 99 Mountaineer 5.0 in the mix. Zero internal engine work / original 4R70W tranny! 274,307 miles and going strong...
  11. M

I've covered a few miles since my first post in this thread (see quote above)! Just passed 274,000 and still rolling (original engine and transmission). And thanks to many of you for the helpful advice along the way...
  12. M

In search of EGR value

Oh wow, thanks for the offer High Class! Fortunately, I've already found one that will work, but again, that's an awesome offer and much appreciated!:salute:
  13. M

In search of EGR value

Need to replace EGR value for my Mountaineer 5.0. Can't find it anywhere (Ford part: XF3E-9D475-A3A). What do y'all think? Clean old one, buy used one off Ebay, Chinese aftermarket? Thanks for any help/suggestions!
  14. M

I've covered a few miles since my first post in this thread (see quote above)! Just passed 262,000 and still rolling (original engine and transmission). And thanks to many of you for the helpful advice along the way...
  15. M

99 Mountaineer 5.0 running hotter than normal??

Did clean the MAS. And thanks for the replies. Gonna watch a few videos like the one below and if this problem persist...give it a go. Thanks again.
  16. M

Well, if 218 degrees is fine, then will let it be. As for as the transmission: Yes, has been shifting late (lazy) for a few months now. Revs higher then shifts. Was also having higher revs at idle, so replaced the TPS and cleaned throttle body .... and that seems to have helped some?? ... but...
  17. M

Guys, thanks for the well thought out replies. A little more info here. Had heater core issue back in late 2019...and ended up with new Motorcraft water pump, thermostat, heavy duty fan clutch (hayden 2841), and heater core...all installed somewhere around that time. Coolant is 50/50 and...
  18. M

Been tracking my Mounty's coolant temp/tranny temp for some time now with ScanGauge2....and it's has recently started running hotter than ever before. Coolant temp used to just sit at 191 and tranny at around 175. Yesterday, coolant temp hit 218 and tranny temp in the 190s. I'm not the...
  19. M

High idle and sluggish shifts. Need help!

Ok, followed Fast_Dave's cleaning instructions (thanks Dave), and installed a new Motorcraft TPS. Seems to be shifting better, but won't really know for sure until get a few miles on it. Will report back. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply!
  20. M

Thanks Dave, and sorry for late reply. Cleaned the throttle butterfly about six months ago...due to the interstate stickiness. But will get back in there and clean/check it all out again. Will report back when job complete!
  21. M

Haha. Think coolant temp sensor is ok, as my ScanGauge 2 still consistently showing 190. Was waiting to do a hard reset after I install the new TPS (Monday). Could bad IAC cause these late/stalled shifts?
  22. M

Thanks Dave. Tried it this morning...and no change. But then immediately after shifting from park to drive, RPMs drop from 1700 to 1000. On the throttle plate note, my plate does get sticky on longer interstate driving (esp if using cruise). So the throttle assembly still could be in play:dunno:
  23. M

Yes, both issues started with in a day or so of each other. Would tranny issue cause high RPMs in park? Man, I've mostly done all my own repairs...but never touched a transmission. Your awesome work may be above my pay grade! About how much $$$ would I be looking at to have that done down at...
  24. M

Hey guys. Having issues fellas. 1999 Mounty 5.0 with 259,000 miles! She has always been quiet as a mouse at idle, but now having high RPMs at idle (1600). Also, has been shifting (late?)...revs up high (3000-3500) before going from 2nd to 3rd. First thought was TPS...which I just went ahead...
Back