Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4x4 Issues

Is this fixable?
  2. S

4x4 Issues

Can someone give me a little info on Forscan? What is the best way to use it?
  3. S

4x4 Issues

I should have mentioned in my previous post, I have tested the 4x4 Auto on a slippery slope, the rear wheels spin only! Front wheels will not engage.
  4. S

p0301 - My New Ex

I've seen the porcelain break free from the plug before like as in you can rotate it around the plug, but not broken or cracked! Not sure if you have anything like that going on maybe?
  5. S

Metric or SAE?

Are you sure there is a mixture or are you just using SAE on metric bolts? I recently replaced the rear speed sensor in the diff and found that a 10mm was too big and a 9mm was too small. I had to use 3/8s on it, but I've used metric on virtually everything else. Perhaps everything else is SAE...
  6. S

4x4 Issues

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies, let me explain my current symptoms here. It was suggested that I switch into neutral, apply the brake, and then switch to 4x4. I have found that there is a difference when I do that, but still no "4x4 low" light and still not certain 4x4 actually works...
  7. S

Has anyone tried those LED headlight conversion assemblies. If so, are they brighter? Stable?

As stated above, the headlights you posted are not LED. They are however projector housings, you could install LEDs in the projectors, that would be pretty sweet! I have a set of eBay HIDs in my Explorer. I paid around $40 or so for the whole kit, but the ballasts were junk and I ended up...
  8. S

4x4 Issues

Hello everyone, I would like to apologize if this has been covered in the past, but I have used google very thoroughly and can not find an answer. Since I've bought my 2000 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC, the 4x4 has been non-operational. I assume the transfer case motor is not the issue, as the 4x4...
  9. S

1994 Explorer XLT

Hello all it's been a bit since I've been on. I recently picked up a set of seats from a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. Nothing fancy just in a bit better shape and more comfy, however after a couple of hours I've come to the conclusion that the work involved would not be worth the outcome. Anyhow I...
  10. S

1994 Explorer XLT

Hey thanks a lot for the info. I will probably go with the polyurethane bushings instead of trying to just get the bolts out. I suppose for now the brake upgrade may not be. Worth it but perhaps some time in the future. As for the airbags I don't really care about them myself. It was more of an...
  11. S

1994 Explorer XLT

As mention in my new member forum I have a 1994 Explorer XLT 5 speed. It's my second 1st gen and I love it. She's pretty well loaded, power windows, power locks, sunroof, auto dimming mirror, keyless entry that works flawlessly. She has nearly 200,000 (184,900) to be exact. But she runs like a...
  12. S

New Guy

Ello all, names Brandon I've owned 2 Explorers so far, a 1991 and now a '94. Absolutely love it. It's in great shape for the age. Pretty well loaded with sunroof, auto dimming mirror, etc. I will post more about my explorer along with pics on a separate thread. Glad to be a member thanks a ton :D
Back