Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

gas tank overfilling at the pump...

gas yea my 91 exploder never overflows, it's just weird why my 97 does almost every time, i could empty the gas station... not good at all. their has to be something in the tube, or maybe even a bend in the tube that does'nt make the pump shut off.
  2. E

gas tank overfilling at the pump...

i got a 97 v-8 awd exploder, 145,000 miles. almost every time at the pump, (it doesnt matter what pump) the pump wont shut off, it just keeps going, and gas pours all over the place. does anyone know if this is a problem w/the vehicle, or just happens to be bad luck w/the pump? and what causes...
  3. E

check engine light on 91 x

Check engine light Scanned the codes again while engine was warm. Came out with the same results as listed above. It does idle a wee bit rough. I slammed on the brakes pretty hard the other day, and the engine died. Anyway haven't found anything out yet, any other ideas on what it might be...
  4. E

check engine light on 91 x

i really dont have a whole lot of change in perormance, but i do only get 12-14 mpg. and check engine light comes on after about 10 minutes of running. fuel pressure is 34psi. i went to auto zone and pulled some codes,-79-41-66-41-66... in that order. i replaced the fpr, and 10,000 miles ago...
  5. E

has anyone replaced the rusted out brake lines???

My exploder is a 91, it came from the east so everyth9ing is all rusty, anyway, my rear brake line exploded the other day and my whole system ran dry. I was thinkin on goin over to auto zone and just getting some brake line and such to just replace the whole system... Anyway, i was just wonderin...
  6. E

Air in slave cylinder? 01/05/05

I believe I can help you out here, i have done this a million times, it takes about half an hour and 2 people. 1st- jack the front end up about 3-6" then open the bleeder valve on your slave cylnder, run about 3/4 a qaurt of brake fluid threw your system , do not let your reservoir run dry, then...
  7. E

Idle rough on hot restart

Yea! I have the same dang porblem w/my 91, My injectors are fine and I bought a new fpr from autozone, and it ran better for awhile, but after 2000 miles on the new fpr, it's doing it again, darn thing. And I'm getting 13-15 mpg, pretty sick! I've ran bg44k through the fuel system, new plugs...
  8. E

Mysterious Green Oily fluid

I had a problem identical to yours, it was my steering pump, I never bled the air out of it when I installed it (stupid :roll: ) And eventually the power steering fluid turned into a slime oily green, it sounds just like what you have. check your p/s pump and let us know what you find.
  9. E

Torque Converter?????

lol! Actually a 6 inch superlift is going under it w/some 33's and 4:56 gears. And MOAB HERE WE COME!!!!! So maybe it would be a good idea to go ahead and get the b&m verter?
  10. E

Torque Converter?????

:exp: Hey guys! I am about to put my new auto tranny in my 91 exploder :thumbsup: , And was wondering if any of you guys had any opinions on what torque converter I should with? should I just not worry about it and get a normal stock one? Or would it be worth the extra investment for like a b&m...
  11. E

Better Radiator?????

Hey! do any of you guys know if anyone sells a better radiator or just some way to help cool down the automatic exploders, I have a 91 and she gets a little hot when under a load and driving in the mountains. Thanks for the help! Brandon
  12. E

better built auto for my 91 EX????

I just bought this 91 EX, 4x4 auto tranny :thumbsup: . And I was wondering what you guys think I should do on a rebuild for this tranny :confused: . Should I just go w/a normal rebuild? Or do they make shift kits for them that inmprove performance :fire: ? Or just any suggestions on what I...
  13. E

TAPPING !!! FROM LOWER ENGINE..Timing Chain?

I replaced the timing chain and tensioner in my 91 explorer, it's super easy, just don't drop the key that is on the crankshaft in the oilpan. but you can do it with the engine in it. It cost me $60 at auto zone for everything. took about 2 hours. The manual says take the oil pan off, but just...
  14. E

which tranny would you prefer?

Hey guys!!! I'm lookin to buy an hot rod exploder, :roll: the question is, should I get an auto or manual :exp: ? I used to own a 91 sport manual 3"body lift and 31 bfg muds, but someone gave me a good offer on it so I had to sell it. But I just wnat a few opinions on what you guys like. Right...
Back