Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

it's because different people have different driving styles and smell tolerance. I bought my car with two other officemates at the same time. we took advantage of a corporate discount to program. when I asked them if they experienced the same problem both said no they're cars were perfect...
  2. D

update on the Explorer exhaust issue lawsuit http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41791-fords-bid-dismiss-exhaust-defect-claims-denied/
  3. D

I'm approaching the problem from the perspective of how the exhaust gases are being sucked back to the area under the rear of the car, where presumably it is finding its way into the cabin through the many openings identified by other posters on this forum. Theoretically, once exhaust gases are...
  4. D

If the problem is aerodynamic in nature, does it call for an aerodynamic solution? Perhaps one way to sold the problem is finding a way to disrupt the vortices at the rear of the vehicle? Perhaps installing some kind of rear spoiler woud help? thoughts?
  5. D

CO reading in cabin i purchased a handheld carbon monoxide meter and did trial runs to find out what the CO level would be after accelerating hard. 13 parts per million≈ is the reading i got after accelerating to 4000 rpm for a few seconds then letting go of the gas pedal. i plan to do further...
  6. D

I also noticed that the exhaust fumes don't get in until 15 to 20 secs after i lift off the throttle but i don't think it's related to the AC because i tried a WOT run with the AC off and i can still smell the exhaust. I also don't think the exhaust that is getting in are post-cat converter...
  7. D

Pinoy from Dubai with a 2013 Flex. Same problem as described here. So it looks like the Explorer and the Flex have a similar design.
  8. D

I'm from Dubai and i have a 2013 Ford Flex AWD with 6,000 kms. I'm experiencing all the problems described in this forum. Your theory makes the most sense out of all the ones that i've read. I hope it's just a check valve issue (which i hope can easily be replaced) and not something related to...
Back