Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

List of Useful Threads wiring diagram

I see that in your second to last diagram (page 25-7), the CMP is connected to the PCM's pin 85. This is the same as my Bird's. To complete the circuit, the other CMP wire goes to circuit 359. Does this eventually go to PCM pin 91? I know it does on mine, and it also has circuit #359 . Your...
  2. B

Originally I was to use the Thunderbird PCM and the harness with the Explorer engine. Granted I may have to untape the loom to relocate the wires in order to reach the Explorer engine's sensors. And I may have to re-pin some of the harness connectors to the types used on the Explorer engine's...
  3. B

I just read through some more of your info. One thing I shouldn't have to do is switch harnesses or PCMs. So I'm good in that department... I hope. My main concern is that CPS. For the 4.6L T-Bird with its two-wire Variable Reluctance style sensor, pin 85 on the PCM is the “CAM Sensor to...
  4. B

Wow, thank you for the link. My main concern is the wiring for the '99-'01 Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP), as this is a two-wire VR version versus the earlier Hall-effect type. If there is a difference in the later Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP, I think), I'd be interested too. I think I...
  5. B

Hi TestPoint. Is there any way you can post the diagram for the PCM pinout for the '00 5.0L Explorer? I'm doing some research on various PCMs for T-Birds and Mustangs. Thanks, -Allan
Back