Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Need rear bumper cover on Long Island.

No part found. I use www.car-part.com.
  2. F

Need rear bumper cover on Long Island.

Looking for rear bumper for my 04 explorer. 19 year old girl whacked me at light. I got a new trailer hitch but nearest junkyard with rear bumper I can find is 200+ miles away. Not worth that drive. Thank you.
  3. F

Please help! Wind tunnel under dash

I just took a piece of plastic and stuck it in the blend door that keeps going click click. Have the part but don't have time time. I will look further into it. Just wished it wasn't so damned cold.
  4. F

Please help! Wind tunnel under dash

2004 xlt v6. Driving to work heat is fine despite busted blend door. (I opened glove box and jammed it open). Nice and quiet. On the way home sounds like a wind tunnel under my dash and truck seems to be blown around a bit more on a windy night. Heat still working. Blend door doesn't seem to...
  5. F

New drive shaft...

It's the rear drive shaft from my 2004 explorer. The flanges are from my old shaft. A slip yoke was added and the joint in the middle was eliminated.
  6. F

New drive shaft...

I had a vibration at 60. Found dent in shaft. Went to a couple of junkyards and found junk. Had this made instead...
  7. F

Really!? I am starting to hate this Explorer!

I have to crawl under. A very good friend spent 2 hours on his back doing this for me yesterday cause I got injured and cant get under the truck. It was 30 degrees out and he's been hurting from an old injury as well. I know his skill set so I better take a look. Lol... Lets say his intentions...
  8. F

Yeah that would be an improvement too.
  9. F

Replace u-joints and I get an out of balance vibration over 60mph... Difficult wheel bearings now u-joint and shaft issues! I am gonna burn this **** instead of FOMOCO.... I have owned numerous 4x4s of different brands and have not had these issues. I put u-joints in plenty of vehicles...
  10. F

How to: How to: Diagnose Driveshaft and U-Joint Problems

I am feeling a vibration or roughness @ 40-60 mph under load. When I left off the gas the vibration goes away.
  11. F

My explorer

Picked it up in June for $2k with 100k miles. Needs a few things but it's a good truck.
  12. F

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

ball joint trouble Having trouble seating this. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  13. F

rear noise/vibration 2004 explorer.

Where is the best place to buy a rear passenger side upper control arm and drag link? The dust boots were ripped. Can't believe I can't just replace dust boots. My old Chevy I can.... I am getting prices of $200+ locally and $100+ online.
  14. F

The passenger rear wheel bearing has play. It's bad... Gonna check cv and universal joints.
  15. F

I don't hear a whine more like a grumbling/rumbling. I am gonna jack it up today. What should I look for?
  16. F

Actually yes but it doesn't feel like base.
  17. F

I am sure this has been asked a 1000+ times and I apologize for asking again. Today I am feeling this vibration in the seat of my pants and I hear/feel it in my ears. Weird? Coming from the rear when over 30+ mph. I let off the gas and it goes away. I have been hearing noise from the back but...
  18. F

Good end links make a big difference...

I just got my 2004 Explorer and had a rattling in the front like chains over bumps. Plus on the hiway it swayed and moved more than I liked. I got underneath and found the end links completely toast. About half inch play in both of them. the sway bar just moving up and down loosely... I swapped...
  19. F

Excessive wear?

Would this be excessive wear? Also any tips on tightening up the front suspension handling? Please advise. Thanks Russell Http://www.faster340.com
  20. F

Explorer newbie..

Thanks for the ad. Just got this 2004 Ford Explorer XLT. $2k, 103,000 v6, 3.55 etc etc. Never owned a ford before. Mostly GM but this was a good deal and a good deal knows no brand.... Thanks Russell Http://www.faster340.com
Back