Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Nitto NT421Qs vs Yokohama Parada Spec-X

I have the nitto nt421q on my 13 xlt with the 20 inch polished wheels. Tires are 265/50/20 size. It is a decent tire in snow and rain. I rotate every 5k, I am at just under 41k on these tires and they are at wear bars, ready for new set. I am looking at some other options now in same size.
  2. R

Best front brake/rotor combinations

I replaced mine at 52k front and rear used Raybestos advanced tech parts. At 68k now everything working fine, no dust at all.
  3. R

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

my 2013 is peeling again after dealer body shop repaired. Before I left dealer I took body shop manager out to take pictures to let him know it would be coming back since they did a poor job repairing underneath. when I washed this weekend a quarter size piece of paint all corroded up came off...
  4. R

Aluminum wheel corrosion - Spidering

All 4 of my wheels have exactly what you are talking about. these have never seen snow /salt and look like hell. took to dealer and basically been told ford will not do anything about since it is normal use. what bs. have a 2014 fusion with black chrome wheels, clearcoat peeled on all 4, dealer...
  5. R

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Have had same issue with my xlt since 22k miles. belt as been replaced by dealer 2 times. after 2nd belt change I started to hear what sounded like a popcorn popping sound after inspection found the tensioner was bad. dealer replaced tensioner at 23k and again at 59k. squealing issue came back...
  6. R

Remove Mirror Skull Cap

I used a plastics panel removal tool, which pops cover out then slide toward car, the cover has a hook type clip I cannot remember if there was one or 2, real easy to come off
  7. R

Crystal thanks for you help, I spoke to Ford rep yesterday they are repairing issue with my vehicle Ronco
  8. R

2013 xlt I have been to 2 dealers 1st dealer took pictures but lost them and now said to come back to try again which was done and lost again. Took to another dealer today, said Ford will not cover this I have 6 blister spots and paint is starting to flake off. 2nd dealer said nothing they...
  9. R

Removing the grille

sorry forgot to add comment about emblem, I think would be tough to remove with grille still attached to vehicle, there are 2 nuts and 2 tabs that hold emblem to grille. You may be able to remove all top bolts then pull grille back enough to get to back of emblem to remove.
  10. R

Removing the grille

I bought one off of ebay for $100 and had it painted along with mirror caps to match rest of vehicle. Was not bad to remove old grille, did the swap without removing front fascia. There are 4 8mm nuts that are tough to get to on bottom of grille then there are 4 tabs that hold grille to fascia.
  11. R

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

Reseting Oil life Monitor Can someone direct me how to reset the Oil Life Monitor. I have read the owners manual but I did not see anywhere how to reset. I did go through the Instrument cluster chapter but no info. I have a 2013 xlt with v6
  12. R

2006 explorer w/mustang bullits/tire clearence

I have went with the 2009 painted GT WHEELS ON MY 2008. These are 18x9 with 255-60-18. Wheel on LF does rub at full turn on control arm. Have looked at using spacers but do not trust them. Other than that all else ok
  13. R

Sport Trac Wheels on a regular Explorer

Sport trac wheels d.bright, Those Sport Trac wheels will fit no problem. They ar same wheels used on Iron man package for 07 and 08 Explorers Ronco
  14. R

08 Mountaineer Gas Cap

capless fuel filler 08 Mountaineer, Fordaccessoriesstore.com does list a fuel plug that fits over filler neck. I noticed this last week when I was on site looking at something. Hope this information helps. Ronco
  15. R

'08 accessories

Keyless keypad accessory Yankee1423, The keyless keypad accessory is very simple to install. it has a cover now that can be paint to match or you can opt out and leave black. also it comes with install directions and programming instructions. no wires unit is wireless. Ronco
  16. R

door keypad

pull driver side rear panel behind 2nd row seat, the vsm module is located there. there will be a 5 digit code as well as a bunch of other numbers> Hope this helps.
  17. R

Engine vibration at idle

mine was doing same thing as well as having serious throttle lag. dealer flashed computer and made it worse. Dealer replace throttlebody and problem has went away.
  18. R

Throttle by Wire problems

I have a 04xlt with 49k, have noticed recently that truck seems to have 2-3 second lag when accelerating. I have had a dealer and local dealer advised that pcm was reflashed last year with latest version of updates. I have noticed that if you merge into traffic it downshifts immy and then...
  19. R

2003 Ford Explorer Rear Differential Whine

My xlt 4.0 4x4 has been in 8 times for leaking rear axle seals and whinning. Dealer has replaced complete rear axle assy and shafts twice. also twice they have replaced ring and pinion under some bulletin to correct problem. So far 3000 miles and no leaks or whinning. Also last time in the shop...
  20. R

will stock rims from a sport trac fit on an 02 explorer ?

mattyb I would say yes, my neighbor has put stock 2001 rims and tires from a 4x4 Ranger which has same wheel specs. One thing though they do stick out maybe 1/2 inch to inch further than your explorer rims.
Back