Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Rear LED Fail-Wire Harness?

Just do like I did, I got a plug tail for the trailer and splice them into that, is been 6 years and no issues.
  2. K

LED Bumper Reflectors

Before these aftermarket came out I made my own it's been a few years and they still work, just cut a little opening for the led ridgid bars and seal them with quality silicone.
  3. K

Driver one touch down upgrade to Driver/Passenger one touch up/down

Not as easy. The motors for one touch up/down are "smart motors". You'll need to change those as well. They sell after market modules to add the functionality. It would be easier and cheaper to check those out. Heres an example. If you go for it, let us know how good it is. Good luck...
  4. K

Fortin Remote Start Question

I installed this fortin kit, along with a long range two way option, the transponder plug is a smaller plug just a little to the side of the ignition plug, you can pop out the ring around the key barrel and you'll see it, as a side note you can activate the factory remote start option via...
  5. K

Rear wheel hub assembly

I just had one replaced under extended warranty at the dealer, they told me that it took longer than expected because it wouldn't come out, they said it took 2 mechanics, good luck.
  6. K

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

Sorry to hear that, my is '14 so it my work on my we'll see, can you take some pictures of the different harness so I can see if it fits my, thanks
  7. K

Ford Escape or Honda CRV

My wife has a 2014 escape titanium with the 2.0 I like it, it's very sporty, and she also likes the crv I almost agree to it until I found this 1.5 Turbo PSA: Potential Issue--Watch Your Oil Level of course I said no and she retaliated with a NO ;)
  8. K

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

keep us updated, I am also interested in the same unit.
  9. K

5th Gen Auxiliary Lighting

2 led cubes 10w each, they are very bright.
  10. K

Qi phone charger?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01INZ3YJC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IXQUJH1C53L2E&colid=O2PGTVNNC2Z7
  11. K

Add Button Panel & Repurpose Power Liftgate/Tow/Parking Assist Buttons

It's an aftermarket -caska x mirror- I bought it mainly for the back up camera and the dvr, I was very surprise and happy with the screen image quality for the price I paid 130.
  12. K

I didn't take pics sorry, to do the button panel you just snap off the face of the panel I used a small flat screw driver, using the factory harness will be difficult because there is a circuit board inside that panel and it just sends a pulse to the bcm.
  13. K

Yes you can do it, I did it, also another option is to use the middle blank section of the map lights console see my second pic. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9vWuBvxLMkAcElfYlJjX1Q3cms/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9vWuBvxLMkAZXJ1dVRUZS1xSkU/view?usp=s
  14. K

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

:thumbsup: thanks for posting this, I already have remote start aftermarket long range/two way, has work perfectly for 2+ years but I would try this just out of curiosity.
  15. K

Adding Switches

I use 3m double side tape no brackets, after a few monts I decided to remove it and it was holding so good it was hard to remove it, I think the size is 1" x 19".
  16. K

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I am 99.99% sure that the change to BCM will enable remote start, the change to IPC not sure since this string is different from the f-150s but that may be just because their cluster is different, but there is a good chance this will work, this is required so remote start settings will show one...
  17. K

or you can just try it an let us know what happens
  18. K

We know it works for the f-150, question is does it works for the explorer?
  19. K

This is confirmed to work on the f-150 anyone wants to be guinea pig and try this for the explorer: Remote start: In 726-19-01, change 0047 (disabled) to 0148 (enabled). Remote start MENU option for a 2013 (per another post elsewhere): In 720-01-02, change EC0A to EF2A
  20. K

Split Armrest Issue

Well I am saddened to report that my armrest is also splitting after only 3 years and 43,000 miles, soft materials are nice to the touch but they are not durable.
  21. K

would you risk it ?? replacement radio/nav

I've been watching this unit and wondering if sync voice will still work, you just answered my question thanks for the review.
  22. K

2016 Problems installing front turn signal LED bulbs

Did you replace the fronts and backs? when I replaced the backs only I was getting hyper flash but then I changed the fronts also and the hyper flash went away, also my is a 2014 so I don't know if the electrical systems are a little different, also mine being a base model does not have the...
  23. K

I did change the fronts and backs, fronts are 3457, backs are 7440.
  24. K

I am running these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019JDBJOE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 did not need resistors and they are working fine, no hyper flashing outside or inside.
Back