Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Sentry6

LED Headlight Conversions

Looking to upgrade my '15 limited. many good options in this thread for bulb choices, but some time has gone by and the technology keeps changing. wanted to see what everyone is currently running for LED bulbs, and what is a good choice on brand vs reliability vs brightness.
  2. Sentry6

Ears popping while driving?

I know this is an old thread, but as for the pressure issue... i am having the same problem, it gives me a headache after 30 minutes. i have a 2015 limited.. did anyone ever find a solution?
  3. Sentry6

Fender alignment to door

Hi! Noticed today my fender to door alignment on both sides if off at the bottom .The fenders flat out about 3/8 of an inch . Both sides are exactly the same. Is this by design? Doesn't seem right.
  4. Sentry6

Black Friday ESP deal

Hi, if i offended you in some way i apologize, please delete, i do not have that option thanks. i would always recommend going with Joel if he has been helping members even if its slightly different in price. i reached out and did not hear back so can not compare.
  5. Sentry6

Sony control panel, touch panel upgrade to 2016 -19 style

Hi, i do not like the sony touch panel in my 2015 limited. physically the 2016 style looks the same, does anyone know if this would be interchangeable? the 2016 went to physical buttons, and added heated seat controls on the panel. Thanks!
  6. Sentry6

Squeaky Power Moonroof Shade

I am also having this issue . Recently purchased a 2015 limited with only 34k . The sun shade is making a squeeking popping noise when moving from the drivers side rear .Perhaps at the roller . Anyone had any luck with this
  7. Sentry6

Black Friday ESP deal

for all interested in purchasing a ESP. Zeigler is offering $250+ off its extended warranties. The promo code is “BFRIDAY” for all those interested.
  8. Sentry6

Uncomfortable front seats

2015 Limited, Poor seat quality. Painful after a while the seats in my 2015 limited are painful! i spend hours in the car each day, and after 30 minutes i have had enough. has anyone removed the lower seat cover and tried adding some memory foam between the stock foam cushion and the leather...
  9. Sentry6

2015 Explorer Sport - upgrading Sync 2 to Sync 3 - have few ?'s

Thanks again! i ordered an APIM from a 2017 mkz with navigation. (wasnt able to get a part number from salvage yard) scored it for 90.00! i found a screen from a 2018 explorer for 175.00 not bad! ordered everything else on the list. so hopefully next weekend!
  10. Sentry6

Flex seats fit in Explorer

i currently have 10-way seats and they are super uncomfortable, i am wondering would it be a direct swap for wiring if going from 10-way to 10-way. any chance you have a photo of the connectors? Thanks for the great info! now if only my wife's expedition seats would fit!
  11. Sentry6

Ok thanks, and does it matter what year or part number the apim is or screen? as long as its sync 3 with a recessed mount? and looks like Sync 3 Programming for Ford / Lincoln Vehicles does the programming reasonably cheap? examples of APIM parts available for a 2017 explorer: Communication...
  12. Sentry6

Joe, i really want to thank you for taking the time to post this! great information. i know this was a none Nav apim, im assuming the procedure would be the same for one with Nav, also for the programming, dont suppose it would be as simple as copying the "as built" data from my 2015 to the new...
  13. Sentry6

Hello! did you ever do the upgrade? i have a 2015 limited i would like to change from sync 2 to 3. and would like to know what your experience was. Thanks!
  14. Sentry6

Hatch release on FOB

Just took delivery of a new to me 2015 explorer. has anyone been able to activate the blank trunk release button? i am adding an aftermarket power liftgate and would like that to work. I am assuming i will have to activate it with forscan, and perhaps add the liftgate module to the tailgate...
  15. Sentry6

Adding Power Liftgate

Hi .did you ever get the FOB release to work?
  16. Sentry6

Adding Power Liftgate

Hi, has anyone installed the Electric Tailgate Lift Assisting System TL105 (5894 Ford Explorer U502 2011–2019) (2015)? was wondering how well it works. Thanks!
  17. Sentry6

2006 rear main leak.

Hi, i have an 06 explorer 4.6l with a rear main seal leak. anyone done one before? looks like the seal is inside a removable housing? also looks like the original was a seal and slinger, and i think the new seal is a 1 piece? removing the housing breaks the pan seal, and manual says to remove...
  18. Sentry6

2006 explorer thump bang from rear.

Hi, I have a 2006 ford explorer w/85K miles that recently developed a loud bang or clunk from the rear. it happens when going over larger pot holes or bumps, you can feel it slightly under your feet, and feels like something may be loose.. I have pulled the rear wheels off and put a pry bar on...
  19. Sentry6

4.6 oil pump.

Hi thanks for the reply. I put a scope in the pan, the pickup tube is clear... the only issue is there is a 1inch piece of plastic tensioner in the pan... I pulled the oil pump (very easy) . and attached a garden hose to my shop vac and stuck it down the front sump into pan.... I have yet to be...
  20. Sentry6

4.6 oil pump.

I looked around couldn't find a definite answer... In the middle of a timing chain tensioner job.. When the rattle started I also started to lose oil pressure it came and went... I would like to replace my oil pump and back flush the pickup tube. Is it possible to remove the oil pump and not...
  21. Sentry6

02 Explorer Timing chain installation issue

Update: was able to get it all together with ALOT of effort, there is a tiny bit of give on the passenger side, but drivers side tensioner is completely in all the way and no slack at all!! I have noticed the new adjusters are about a 1/16th longer then the old ones... perhaps enough to give my...
  22. Sentry6

02 Explorer Timing chain installation issue

Hi, I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.6l I am installing new timing chains, I purchased Cloyes 9-0387SHX Timing Chain, im having an issue where the chains seem way to tight, there is no way I can install the chains and the guides together, the original chain installs just fine. has anyone had this...
  23. Sentry6

Rough idle and hesitation from stop

no codes... no light... plugs and wires brand new.... weather has cooled off so its been running alot better... strange... still lacking in alot of power of the line but comparing it to my v8 limited....
  24. Sentry6

Rough idle and hesitation from stop

Interesting enough, im having the same trouble with my 2002 4.0l real rough idle, and no power from stop, seems to bog down then suddenly build power and take off. i cleaned the throttle body iac and maf with no change... mine has 165k miles but one owner and well maintained... also i notice its...
Back