Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Interior Door panel issue / separation

My 2015 Explorer Sport is showing the same issue on the passenger door. In fact, the Dealer replaced the driver side interior panel as the armrest had split and that was covered under warranty about a year ago. We just passed the 60K mile mark and have a Ford ESP covering everything but the...
  2. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I am going on 3 weeks since my last Dealer Service visit and we have not heard the vibration noises again. The Service department replaced the windshield wiper arm, motor and mount during the last visit and replaced the cowl on an earlier visit. Problem appears to have been solved for us...
  3. B

I am not an expert, just reporting what I am hearing from the Service tech and manager. The dealer has already replaced the cowl back in September, and the noise level has been the same post that fix. As noted in my earlier post...
  4. B

Just got off the phone with the Ford Dealer Service tech regarding the 2015 Explorer Sport vibration noise concern. The dealer tech He indicated they believe the issue is related to the windshield wiper and motor and will be placing an emergency order for those parts and target install to occur...
  5. B

I have my second appointment with the Service department on Friday (03Oct2014) to address this issue. I will be posting my experience and what actions were taken to resolve the noise issue seen in my earlier post. -Steve
  6. B

It appears to be very similar. Sad that a new vehicle has this issue and I am beginning to seriously reconsider my purchase. I spent the better part of 12 hours on the road this weekend, and the buzzing or vibration sound is more than annoying and is not what one expects when paying good money...
  7. B

Windshield wind noise? Here is a 15 second video of the noise that I hear when driving at speed in the 2015 Ford Explorer Sport. I received a PM this morning from Ford Service and looking forward to addressing this issue once and doe all on a vehicle that I have owned just about 30 days...
  8. B

Yes, I purchased 2015 Ford Explorer Sport about a month ago. The dealer replaced the plastic piece between the windshield and the hood. The detail on the service ticket refer to what was replaced as the cowl.
  9. B

I spoke too soon. After dealer applied a "fix" about a week ago the issue is back and in my view worse than it was. I have a video taken today and will share with the Regional Service Manager from Ford as this needs to be corrected. When you pay as much as Ford is charging for the 2015 or...
  10. B

Took the explorer in for service and had the cowling replaced and since that, the noise has not returned. Looked to be a quick fix.
  11. B

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

All, I had reporting the same issue and have since taken my Explorer in for service. The Service department was able to issue and since picking the vehicle up we have not see the alerts as had been present before the service.
  12. B

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

I just purchased a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport and have ~600 miles on it when the Airbag alert light started to show up in the drivers information center. For those of you who have had this issue addressed, is there a service notice or alert that I should reference so they address this problem the...
  13. B

I just purchased a 2015 Explorer Sport and just the other day noticed the issue. Does not always happen and seems to only occur when there is a cross wind. Will the dealer fix this under a warranty claim even if they do not experience the issue?
Back