Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I don't have the piece, it blew off at night and is somewhere in the median a hundred miles away. It seems like they pop off pretty easily becuase I pulled on passengers side one and it came loose. Seems like it is the clips if thats can happen. Not sure if it something my local body shop can...
  2. B

Is the issue causing the pillar to blow off the clips that hold it on? If so I'd want to get the whole thing fixed instead of just getting a new plastic peice to pop on. I'd rather not have this issue again.
  3. B

I was on a trip this weekend and while driving on the highway my drivers side A pillar flew off. I previously had the whistle and rattle noise issues from both sides but it wasn't too bad unless it was very windy. It's obviously very loud now that the A pillar is gone. I'm wondering what my best...
  4. B

Adding Remote Start

TimGinCentralNJ, I just got the remote start activated in my 2011 XLT this morning. Bought a key from Jason, took it to a locksmith and got it cut for $2 and programmed it myself. Dealer charged $55 to turn on remote start and it worked flawlessly. Hopefully your dealer will know how to...
  5. B

Adding Remote Start Access

Hi all, I'm interested in adding a remote starter to my 2011 XLT. Does anyone have any recommendations on which way to go, either OEM or aftermarket? I think I'd prefer to have it on my key instead of having a separate piece but the OEM ones seem to have a fairly short range. Any...
  6. B

Hey all, New to the forum, lots of great info on here. I recently purchased a 2011 Explorer privately and noticed that I have this whistling coming from the windshield on the highway. Unfortunately I'm out of the warranty period, wondering is this something the dealership would cover or...
Back