Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2000 Mountaineer - Whine on acceleration - Quiet as a mouse on deceler

I bought a fuel pressure tester, I'm too far away from Auto Zone to borrow it and return it, I'm better off to suck it up and buy one. I also bought a OBD2 diagnostic tool. I'm finally ready to test and winter just got it the way. A series of storms is hitting the West Coast right now and I...
  2. P

Thanks for the procedure. My wife has an appt with the optomotrist and we need a few groceries so I'll pick up a fuel pressure tester and hopefully check it this afternoon or tomorrow.
  3. P

Rather than take a chance going down the road with my head caught in the wheel well I concluded taking the suggestion to remove the gas cap and listen there. I did the listening but did not hear the click of the pump so testing the fuel pressure is next. I'm going to town today to pick up a...
  4. P

Now I can quit worrying about the door lock. The positive cable attachment to the battery is corroded and will be replaced but prevents me from taking the plastic cover off to look at the battery's date of purchase. Starting fluid, good idea and I understand not to run it but to see if it will...
  5. P

Now I can quit worrying about the door lock. The positive cable attachment to the battery is corroded and will be replaced but prevents me from taking the plastic cover off to look at the battery's date of purchase. Starting fluid, good idea and I understand not to run it but to see if it will...
  6. P

Good battery: It reads 12.8 I ordered a Forscan scanner from Amazon $30.00 and free shipping. It will be here by Monday for me to pick up. Listening to the fuel pump for 2 seconds when the key is turned on. I asked my wife to help me listen. She, like me, is hard of hearing. **** happens when...
  7. P

Battery's I had no idea. I'm so glad you don't mine spending the time to teach me the things I don't know or don't understand. I am very thankful.
  8. P

Yucca Valley is the closest town, has Auto Zone, small Napa, Walmart, Harbor Freight. 45 miles to large city with shopping malls etc. I do most of my shopping on line, Amazon and other parts stores, and Harbor Freight for tools. Shipping is mostly free and can get to me in record time and...
  9. P

I don't have a code reader. I looked at Harbor Freight. HF has quite a few how would you know which one to buy?
  10. P

My shop is semi outdoors, kinda hard to explain but I live in the High Desert (over 3000') it rains less then 10" a year so things don't need to be as protected as you would in other parts of the US. One bad thing is when the wind blows. We have been experiencing over 60 mile an hour winds for...
  11. P

Sorry, it has been over 60 mile an hour winds. When this happens our internet connection goes down. We are up an running for now. I had my charger on the battery but it never charged over 12.8 volts. The battery is probably as old as the truck. The battery will not charge and has lost it's...
  12. P

Yes, it was running fine before I jacked it up to drain and refill the rear differential and the transfer case. That is all I did, nothing more. I didn't even have the hood open, there was no need to. I jacked it up until it was level, about 8", drained and refilled the rear differential and...
  13. P

I will work on this in the morning. I sure appreciate you sticking with me on this. I know we will get to the bottom of the problem.
  14. P

The battery was down to 12.4 volts when I put the charger on. I'll check it this morning. No, Nothing under the hood was disturbed. The only thing I did was to jack the truck up about 8" at the rear. I placed a carpenter's level on the passenger running board, when it was level I quit...
  15. P

I don't have the proper equipment to test fuel pressure, just never had to do it before now. In another post one of the members (God bless you all for your input) showed a photo of a unit that Harbor Freight has for sale that does just that. I'm over 15 miles from town, don't go that often...
  16. P

How to: Ford Explorer Fuel Pump Electrical Procedure

I'm stuck at procedure #2 I don;'t hear very well so I need to get my wife to help me as soon as she is available to get through the first part of #2.. My Mountaineer has a V-8 and the procedure you recommend is for a V-6 Is the procedure you recommend the same. I will buy the tester you...
  17. P

I found the switch. I put my index finger in the depression and pushed but it must be already pushed down. You can see the little red indicator in the window. If I see the red indicator does this mean the switch is activated? The fuel tank is full. It cranks good. But, in the 1/2 circle where...
  18. P

Jon, as soon as I eat some breakfast I will be right on it.
  19. P

I looked for the switch but did not find it. On the passenger side firewall is a large orange wire (10 gauge) and one small black wire (14 gauge) that goes to a little black (don't know what to call it) connector of some sort but there was not a switch on it. That is all that is on the...
  20. P

I looked for the switch but did not find it. On the passenger side firewall is a large orange wire (10 gauge) and one small black wire (14 gauge) that goes to a little black (don't know what to call it) connector of some sort but there was not a switch on it. That is all that is on the...
  21. P

I removed the ground cable from the battery cleaned it and the post and reinstalled the cable. Still will not start.
  22. P

I followed your instructions to the letter and with both keys. When I get in and sit down in the drivers seat the THEFT light is flashing. When I put the key in and turn it to the ON position and wait until the light quits flashing, it quits flashing right away, and turn it off and then did...
  23. P

I will go do that this morning. Thanks. I have only had the Mountaineer for a short time so I don't know it's history. Both keys look to me like the original keys and each one has a key fob that locks and unlocks the doors. I had driven it about 400 miles (no problems with either keys) until...
  24. P

I know how to test my battery for proper voltage, 13.4 volts the last time I tested, is that what you mean? I don't know what you mean by "reset the computer". How do I do that?
  25. P

Yes, I have 2 keys both have the fob where you can lock the doors remotely. I have tried both of them and clicked on the key fob a number of times. The engine will turn over but will not start with both keys.
Back