Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Is it difficult to change the serpentine belt?
  2. B

Vehicle Health Report

Well that is ridiculous!
  3. B

Vehicle Health Report

How does Ford use the information in a health report if I'm actually having an issue with my car that I want them to know about? I think I'm having issues with my electric throttle body and ran a report when it happened last but how do I give that information to the service department?
  4. B

FRONT Struts Replaced

So now having new front/rear shocks is the truck riding a lot better?
  5. B

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

If your a Costco member you should get the group65 battery for $89.99. 850CCA, 1000CA and 150 min of reserve.
  6. B

Backup Camera Resolution

During the day ours is far from HD. I will post pictures from the daytime soon
  7. B

Backup Camera Resolution

This is the image from my camera one night while it was raining. Today my wife had to pick up her EX from having a brake job taken care of and while she was there she sat in a 2014 EX and said the camera looks the same when in reverse, very washed out like the contrast isn't set right. Will...
  8. B

Rearview Camera Problems

Has anyone seen a backup camera look so washed out?
  9. B

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

We have not picked it up from the dealer yet. Problem is there was never really a problem other than the yellow warning showing on the dash and the terrain button being black. I have seen the error message 3 different times since purchasing back on Oct 27th. It was very random so to gauge...
  10. B

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

So if I am having my transmission flashed on my CPO 2011 EX I shouldn't have to pay for it? EDIT: Spoke to the dealership again and because they cannot duplicate the issue they cannot submit it for warranty purposes. I opted to pay for the flash to stay ahead of any problems.
  11. B

New Explorer Owner with a few questions

Our 11 Explorer is scheduled for Thursday for the same type of noise you are describing from the front end when going over transitions in the road. I have 43K more miles than your so it may be "expected" but if it is covered under my CPO warranty I want it replaced sooner than later. Please...
  12. B

Time for tires

We just had 4 new 245/60/18 Michelin Latitude HP's installed on our 11' XLT. We purchased it with 62,x.. miles and it had Michelin on it that from what I could tell were the factory tires because of the date code. After shopping around the dealership that I purchased from had the best price...
  13. B

Time for tires

So I come back from vacation and find a small bulge in the passenger front tire. I want to only replace 2 tires at this time with the same make/type that are on it. The manual says to replace tires in pairs, not all 4 at one time. Is there any advice someone can give with the thought of...
  14. B

Water Leak

It was my understanding that the CPO warranty was the Premier warranty. Did you verify yourself that it would in fact not be covered in the terms and conditions of the CPO warranty?
  15. B

Parking large vehicle in small garage

We have that for the depth but it doesn't seem to help for the left to right distance since it is hanging so far into the garage
  16. B

Parking large vehicle in small garage

So I could use some suggestions for parking our "new to us" EX. I park on the left side of our garage and the wife now parks on the right side. We need some help with aligning the EX in the garage to be as close as possible to the right side so we can get our daughter in and out comfortably...
  17. B

Weekend mods

Where did you purchase your battery? Did you get a good deal?
  18. B

My 2015 Explorer Sport

What headlights do the Sports come with from the factory? The output from those lights is more white than I thought they would be at 6K.
  19. B

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

I ordered a 36sqft pack of GTmat Ultra for our cars for just $80 on eBay. I think 9sqft for each of our front doors will do good ;)
  20. B

Backup Camera Resolution

I will try and post a picture later but the image from our RVC is very washed out looking. It looks like someone turned the brightness level up all the way on the top portion of the image that is being displayed when backing up. Is this normal or should I be contacting the dealer for a...
  21. B

fog light projector retrofit

Thank you for the information. When doing this mod do you end up losing that little bit of adjustment the housing already has? I'm not familiar with what is actually being adjusted by that blue wheel.
  22. B

fog light projector retrofit

That is exactly what I want for our new Explorer. Was it difficult opening the foglights to fit the projector?
  23. B

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

I see you removed that piece of plastic when doing the front install of the sound deadener material, did you put it back on before mounting the door panel? How much was the Roadkill kit you purchased?
Back