Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I don't have one now, I went through 3 2015's in 6 months and went through the lemon law process with my original one. Ford was really good about it, told my sales guy that I would be back in 2 years when my lease on my new non-Ford is up and if they have the problem fixed I will go back.
  2. W

I drove one that smelled horrible within 2 minutes of a test drive. Then I took another one on a test drive and hit it hard and never smelled anything. 5 days later is was worse than anything I had ever smelled before. So it may not smell on a test drive but it could start to smell anytime. I...
  3. W

They fixed that in mine too only to have it not fix the problem, extending the exhaust looked ridiculous! They can't fix the problem as it is the cat and they don't have a new one yet to replace so you will be stuck with the problem. I went to Ford HQ and found the right person and didn't have...
  4. W

After all of my posts here, I just want to let everyone know that they were unable to fix mine and I was finally able to get through to Ford and they have purchased my 2015 XLT that has 6900 miles on it back under my states Lemon Law guidelines. After 3 attempts to give me new ones, and they all...
  5. W

That is great that they did that for your car, but does it still smell awful outside? I was driving behind one today that floored it when the light turned green and it stunk so bad I almost gagged. I had all the holes plugged in mine and the cabin wasn't so bad but the car still smells. So while...
  6. W

I lied, the 2015 XLT that didn't smell, now smells horribly and I just hit 170 miles. Thankfully I am under the 300 miles/7 day return policy. It will be going back to the dealer tomorrow and I will be taking back my old one. I have contacted a Lemon Law Attorney and he says that I have a strong...
  7. W

After driving numerous 2015 XLT's I finally found one that didn't have "the smell" so I traded mine for that one. So far so good. However, I was driving behind a Ford Fusion yesterday and it smelled as bad as my first 2015, so it isn't isolated to any one particular vehicle. I am glad my...
  8. W

Update....My dealer took my 2015 back with 6000 miles and I went to pick up my new 2015 XLT fresh off the train last night. Got a block away from the dealer and took it back. The smell was so bad we had to roll all the windows down in below zero temperatures to breathe. I can't believe that...
  9. W

I have 6000 miles on mine now and it still smells! Hopefully yours burns off.
  10. W

All of the above, the burnt hair is at higher RPM's. I get the egg smell all the time, I have the burnt heater occasionally and actually the burnt heater smell I smell more now that they have plugged the holes to keep out the egg smell.
  11. W

I just got mine back from the dealer after 12 days, Ford claims it needs a new catalytic converter that they don't have yet, my understanding is that it is still on the "drawing board". So needless to say it isn't fixed and all they did was plug some holes so I don't smell it in the cabin but it...
  12. W

I agree, Ford has said that it isn't on all vehicles, so why can't they find what is different and correct the problem.
  13. W

i got the same response from Ford. They are telling me they are going to temporary fix mine by extending the exhaust to get it further away from the vehicle. It will still smell, I bought a new car and it should smell like a new car, not an old car with Cat problems. Why should anyone that...
  14. W

Have already done all that, have a case number with Ford, they sent an engineer out, it seems as though they just don't know how to fix the problem.
  15. W

I got a call from my dealership today, Ford told them the 10k miles and it will wear off, they know that I don't accept that answer so they told Ford this. So until Ford comes up with a "fix" they want to rig it by extending the exhaust to get it further away from the vehicle. Again, in my...
  16. W

I had it in around 2000 miles and they did the repair that you are referring to. Removing bumper replacing vent that they said wasn't properly installed. Took them 2 days before I had it back as they had to wait for parts. Here is the thing....mine smells all the time, driving around town at 35...
  17. W

The dealer called on Friday and told me they were keeping it over the weekend because they have an engineer from Ford coming in to look at it. They didn't give us a whole lot of other information but I have to think that something must be wrong for them to call in an Engineer. I will post what I...
  18. W

The rotten egg smell is all the time, idling outside of my kids school is actually when I notice it most because I am sitting still. The burnt hair smell occurs when accelerating. It is weird. They did say it was the catalytic converter and that it would burn off in 10k miles, and if they...
  19. W

I have a case number with Ford and have talked to the regional manager, they seem to be doing all they can to communicate with Ford. I have asked about the lawsuits and the post on the NTSB website and no one will comment on them. As a matter of fact the regional rep said that there are no...
  20. W

smell They have checked the lift gate and that doesn't seem to be the issue. The only time I don't smell it is when the car is cold, as soon as it warms up it smells awful.
  21. W

2015 Explorer XLT with bad exhaust smell I purchased a 2015 Explorer XLT in September of 2014, this replaced my 2013 that I leased for 2 years to see how I liked it. I LOVED it. Since the day I drove it off the lot it has smelled horribly like rotten eggs most of the time and when passing...
Back