Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

3.5 EcoBoost Extended Idling

Does anyone here have experience with extended idling on their Ecoboost engine? Either in their Explorer, F150 or other Ford vehicle? I ask because with a new job I will be starting, it is an oilfield company that is just starting out and doesn't have company pickups yet. As such at least for...
  2. W

Steering wheel peeling

No, I do not wear a ring. But that spot is where my hand usually ends up resting while driving. I find that those cheap aftermarket steering wheel covers destroy the leather underneath. At least looking at older cars that have them, that is my experience. I do use protectant on everything. I...
  3. W

Steering wheel peeling

Anybody else have an issue with steering wheel peel? The top of the wheel on my 2014 Sport is peeling pretty badly, at only 28K miles. I find this pretty ridiculous on a nearly $50K vehicle. It has spread quite a bit since that. A few inches in length. I need to make an appointment to...
  4. W

New Car Time... questions about the Sport

Just a quick bump. At 28,000 miles now. Completely in love with it. I went to a a car meet this weekend (my usual w-body group, but I left my Grand Prix at home and took this instead) and everyone that drove it was pleasantly surprised, and couldn't believe how well it accelerated, stopped, and...
  5. W

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I've got a rattler too! My 2014 Sport has started squeaking rather incessantly. I think a truck that was nearly $50K new shouldn't have squeaks and rattles at 28K miles. My steering wheel is peeling too, but that's a different problem. I need to make a time to get it into the dealer...
  6. W

P0087, TSB 14-01-05 Reprogrammed PCM

Fortunately I'm up to 24k miles and the code hasn't come back yet. Although I agree it is stupid the dealer wouldn't help.
  7. W

I went ahead and cleared the code. We shall see if it comes back I guess.
  8. W

Bump because I'm having a similar issue. I installed a K&N Intake today on my '14 Explorer Sport. It has 22K miles, and was built on April 30th, 2014. I also did this mod today, although I only did it on the front BOV just to see how loud it was. I intended to do the rear as well when I have...
  9. W

Still have the Outback. Giving it to my brother once he gets his license.
  10. W

Well, I did it. I picked up my CPO'd '14 Sport not this past Saturday but the one before. It was exactly the one I wanted. The right color, options, everything. I am absolutely in love with it. Every time I drive it I am glad I bought it.
  11. W

QUESTION - Would a 17" OEM Steel Wheel fit on the Sport model?

I hate to bump an old thread like this. Next winter I would like to get a set of winter wheels and dedicated snow tires for my '14 Sport (I'm a big believer in using proper snows in the winter), would the XLT's 18s fit over the brakes? My dealership told me a resounding "no", but I don't really...
  12. W

Average age of 5th gen. owners

You all are making me feel very young. Just picked up my Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Sport a week and a half ago. I'm 22. Sunroof, BLIS, heated and cooled front seats, keyless, got it for $38,999. I was looking at new ones but this one was certified with 20K on it, you'd never know it wasn't...
  13. W

I've never let dirty, muddy people into my cars. I'm saying in the cargo area and one of my first purchases will be a rubberized cargo mat.
  14. W

The dirtiest thing mine will see is work clothes and boots at the end of the hitch.
  15. W

So TrueCar says I should be able to get a fully loaded Sport with moonroof, rear buckets and console, heated steering wheel, etc for $47K in my area.
  16. W

Thanks man. Yeah, working in the field I do it seems to be almost a requirement to own a truck, most of my coworkers seem to drive some form of truck. In fact one of the guys on my crew (younger than me... he's 20) just bought a brand new 2014 Ram 2500 crew cab with the Cummins, pretty much...
  17. W

Actually I already get X plan pricing through my employer. The company I work for has a large amount of Fords. I'd say about 90% of the light duty vehicles based out of my office are Fords. F150s, F250s, F350s, F550s, E350s, Explorers, and Escapes.
  18. W

Well, I just sent an email to Washington Ford since I know they have a few '15 Sports on the lot about coming in for a test drive... cross my fingers. I'm not ready to bring one home tomorrow (I want a more substantial down payment to put down, I'd like to put down close to 50%), but I really...
  19. W

Hi guys. New here, came to scope out the new Explorers, particularly the Sport. I started a new career in March and I decided if everything went well and it looked like I was going to be there long term, I'd celebrate my new income and future with a new vehicle, and retire my trusty 2004 Subaru...
Back