Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Yeah let me know. I am not going to give the dealership any $ to program mine. Don't care about the zoom or turning indicators. Just glad it works again. Can't believe it has to b programmed in the 1st place. No reason for that. Dealer has to make it difficult so you are forced to buy from them...
  2. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Sounds good, if you have any questions just let me know. Thanks
  3. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Yeah what a joke! Typical dealer B.S. It takes not even a half hour to do so should be a snap as long as you are careful not to pull too hard on the trim piece when removing it.
  4. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Not sure about a write-up. Very easy to replace. Underneath the trim there are 4X 10mm bolts that need to come out, can easily see them when you look under the trim. Then on the liftgate there are 2 nuts that need to come off at the very end of the trim on the inside. Once you get that off...
  5. J

Rearview Camera Problems

Ok thank u. It does have APA so I'll check with the dealer.
  6. J

Rearview Camera Problems

So there is more than 1 backup camera for the Sony system in the '11 Explorer that fits/plugs perfectly into the harness? Sounds like typical dealer B.S requiring a OEM camera to b programmed by a scan tool. Thanks Ford for being so considerate and wasting $ for no real reason! Thanks for...
  7. J

Rearview Camera Problems

I replaced the camera and it works again. Problems now are that it won't zoom in like it used to and when you turn the guidelines on the screen used to turn with the wheel, no it only shows the red/yellow/green lines. I got the camera from LKQ online and they didn't know. They said to check...
  8. J

Rearview Camera Problems

'11 Explorer Limited Checked many, many forums and searched multiple times with not actually finding anything specific regarding the "actual" problem. Bout 3 months ago, out of nowhere it now says "Backup camera unavailable. Please contact your dealership." First the dealership looked...
Back