Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Remote Start Occasionally Shuts Off After a Few Seconds

Before. It was hoped that the shifter was the root problem. Looks to only have solved the SHIFT INTO PARK issue. Maybe a module dealing with remote start??
  2. R

Remote Start Occasionally Shuts Off After a Few Seconds

Remote Start followed by Engine Shutoff 2012 Explorer Limited V6 - 66,900 miles I had the Shifter replaced for the SHIFT INTO PARK issue 2 days ago at Tomball Ford Dealership. (they were very pleasant and helpful at service writer desk) AC Core was replaced 10 months ago. EPAS Steering was...
  3. R

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

EasyCare Total Extended Coverage. Yes, that is the simple solution in my case, but Ford is being unjust to all the owners of whatever Ford that has EPAS that is failing and requires replacement. I sure-as-heck don't want to head-on with the person denied a recall repair. There are a lot of...
  4. R

I woke up in the night thinking about a few posts I had read in different forums. They said to avoid going in for the recall until your Explorer's steering had totally failed(tad dangerous) because of Ford's only one recall trip to service dept. allowed regarding the steering safety recall. It...
  5. R

Submission to NHTSA for Steering Lockup recall Posted to NHTSA: In a parking lot on a Friday Dec.19 at 6am, the Steering Assist Dash Warning Light came on, and in same instance, steering locked up. I was unable to steer, but was able to bring my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited to a stop...
  6. R

Locked Steering Dealer Service just called. Service Writer confirmed rack & modules will have to be replaced. It will be at least 3 business days to get the work done. THE GOOD PART: because I had the Explorer in on December 22, 2014 (2 weeks ago), Ford considers the recall completed...
  7. R

NHTSA - Steering Fault Haven't, but will get it done. Same service writer" wrote my service request this morning. He was pleased I had taken photos of the dash warnings. He printed those photos for repair tech...that action made me ask how many steering lockup cases they have had come...
  8. R

Interesting read at arfc arfc.org: http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2012/ford/explorer/steering/problem.aspx
  9. R

NOT FIXED - Steering Lock Up & Fault Alert Locked up again (1-8-15)... took photos of the dash to show dealer service. Last time dealer claimed code(s) were cleared. This time there will only be 2 restarts when delivered to dealer in the morning. First occurrence: 12-19-14, mileage...
  10. R

Service notes for Steering - 2012 Explorer Here's the info my visit to AutoNation Ford, Katy, TX for the steering issue... Year:2012 Limited Mileage:46100 Code Status: None in memory : dealer said restarts cleared it Cause : 14S06 Completed $$Charge : None I hope this cures the...
  11. R

Wow!! Just had the thrill of steering locking up. Was in a parking lot at the time. I couldn't even begin to 'muscle' the steering. Turning the Explorer off and restarting brought it back to a functional state. Dash display showed the "Power Steering Fault". Called local dealer and they...
Back