Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Front end noise...Tires? Bearings? ??

All these low mileage repairs..."come on Ford" why does my 07 Vibe (Toyota Matrix) have 250,000 miles on it with only this list of repairs. 1 front wheel bearing $150.00 installed Power Steering pump (leaking) at 230K...$300 installed Oil pressure switch...leaking...$12.00 interior blower...
  2. W

***UPDATE*** I installed two new MOOG front hubs this afternoon....both original units were rough....Waa Waa Waa noise is now gone. I drove in some heavy snow the other night and knew the tires were not even touching the pavement and was still getting the Waa Waa noise so that convinced me it...
  3. W

BMan5150 Noise for me increases also when turning as said. However, I experience no wobble at the steering wheel or pulsing on the brakes. The car drives straight and smooth. Which also makes this look less like a tire issue
  4. W

MikB....I put on Firestone Destination LE2. I had a set of FR710 on a Freestar that were great tires....quiet and comfortable with good winter traction....that's kind of why I went with the Firestones in the first place. If I had another set of wheels and tires I would definitely try the switch...
  5. W

The guys at Firestone had it on the lift but things run entirely different when they're just hanging in the air with no load etc on them plus all you hear then is the engine/transmission spinning. Even with the new tires the other local guys still suggested a bad bearing since the noise didn't...
  6. W

UPDATE::: I hit a few local shops and questioned them about the noise..."wheel bearing problem" is the general consensus. Asked them about the waa waa waa noise and why not the typical hmmmmmm that a bad bearing usually emits. "Could be harmonics" or how the bearing is wearing etc.
  7. W

Yup....560K....I took the family to the Moon this last summer for vacation! really just 56 THOUSAND miles... No noise UNTIL new tires were installed.
  8. W

Hello….looking for an opinion on front end noise. 2013 Base Front wheel drive only 56000 miles. New Firestone Destination tires. It seems that right out of the box I was getting a waa waa waa noise that gets worse as you round corners. 1..Took it back to Firestone….they said it was the...
  9. W

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

Update Dealer admitted that there was a smell of musty/urine coming from the vents after the AC was used...shut off...used again. I did put in a new cabin air filter this weekend as the old one was really dirty. Used the X all weekend...no smell yet. Dealer said if the smell returns they...
  10. W

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

AC Smells like Cat Pis* Hello all... 2013 Explorer Base edition. I really really like my Explorer that I bought in January 2015 here in Wisconsin but now that it's (finally) warmed up and we're using the AC my Explorer stinks....literally. The AC smells like cat piss when we get in...
  11. W

2015 Explorer Sport - Love Ride, Noise Concerns

Awhile ago my wife put some sunglasses in the little cubby above the rearview mirror. Soon afterward this new rattle started up. To the driver it came from the right, to the passenger it came from the left...drove us crazy trying to find it until one day she told me she couldn't find her...
  12. W

Explorer spark plugs replacement

Don't know if this will help but....a few years back my 3.9 liter 2005 FreeStar was due for a tune up. A very good friend of mine is an ex-ford tech and just happens to have a lift in his horse barn. The rear plugs are very hard to reach and I was expecting a ton of work to be done just to reach...
  13. W

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

Thanks Much.. Just purchased a low miles 2013 and experienced this problem on the way home from the dealer. I fixed it myself and the dealer is reimbursing me for the parts and my time! Had I not joined this form and read about this problem I would have had to replace rotors etc. One pad was...
Back