Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

How to: Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Replacement

You need to check your application. My 2002 4x4 used all sorts of different sizes and they did not always match what the 'how to' or even the factory manual said they should be.
  2. K

2002 4.0L V6 valve cover gasket replacement and TIPS!

i took it to a local shop and had them replace the gasket. I didn't want to mess with it and make things worse. I usually do all my repairs myself but I've learned that some things it just makes sense to pay someone else to do.
  3. K

It seems that if it is just taken off the valve, it would pull out and make room. Interesting that the ford service manual doesn't mention loosening the tube at the manifold. Access to the tube at the valve is easy but it is frozen solid. I'm still wondering if just removing the valve and...
  4. K

Older thread but I came across this when dealing with my LH Valve cover oil leak. My manual says to remove the EGR Tube at the EGR valve and doesn't indicate that I need to remove it at the manifold. (2002 Explorer XLT 4.0) That being said, I can't get the nut loose at the EGR valve; no amount...
  5. K

How to: Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Replacement

Older thread but just a couple things I noticed. On my 2002, I didn't have to use a spring compressor on the strut. I just unbolted the 3 13mm nuts from up top and the single large bolt holding it to the lower arm. Just drops out.. Also, when replacing the lower arm it's important to...
Back