Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Spark Plugs

Get some new plugs thouse suck A$$...
  2. A

spark plugs...preferred and discouraged?

Almost exactly what my dad said LOL!
  3. A

what gear ratio do you have

Yes??? This is god :rolleyes: j/k lol :D Whats up?
  4. A

Yeah it should help with the mpg.
  5. A

HAHA I dont no how lol and besids I dont think I can its flamibol.
  6. A

some day you come out hear ill hook you up with some of my octain boost lol makes the truck sound like musil car. I think my octain boost up the rating in the 100 range. If only I knew how to post audio lol.
  7. A

NP hope ive helped you out.
  8. A

I bleave that is cause the computer gets comfertable at staying at a set rpm. Also it has to ajust for elvation. I drove to phonix with cuse all the way and when I hit a light their I felf the brake and herd the rpm so I shut off then on the truck and it reprogramed thats how to fix that. O...
  9. A

Do not use WD 40 it will slowly eat ur hose! Its a high carosive if I recall and dwars in moyster and can cause rust.
  10. A

Or just try cleening the maf be 4 buying a new 1. With some carb cleener.
  11. A

hahahah yeah thats familear to me. My idle actualy drops realy low almost staling.
  12. A

Umm replace the plugs and wiers if needed I havent had to for a few years. Also trany fluid filter oil. Umm as for detecting leeks well thay reqiers a few things to do it. I prefer to do a propain leen on my cars to make it emmishens legal and to find leeks you could do the same but. Im not in...
  13. A

Hmm well you said you have 3.55's and 31's right? Do you have any vacume leeks?
  14. A

OHHH so thats you ur trany dosnt slip as much as an auto dose. I take that in to acct. as well. Also I have a device called a torq converter lol j/k no offence but that also makes my drive train act diferently form a manual.
  15. A

Hmm well I maintan my truck. I do every thing. I even make my own octain boost.
  16. A

Hmm right now I get about 22 mpg. I have a ratio of about 3.06 till I regear my self. O and I have a A4LD. Im runing 31's my stock ratio. I plan on going 33's no higher.
  17. A

Hmm I am calculating this but what type of trany do you have and whats your milage?
  18. A

3.73's and 33's is like having a ratio of 3.27 4.10's and 33's is like having a ratio of 4.10 4.56's and 33's is like having a ratio of 5.19
  19. A

that gives you a ratio of around 4.13. Like I said b 4 4.10 is a good general ratio for tow and offroad not the best on gas but ok. My dad sess having a 4.10 ratio is a general perpouse ratio but im lening to better gas and a bit more balence. So I like to have a total ratio of 3.27 on the...
  20. A

I would get 3.73's that will place your rpm at around 2500 at 75mph that would give you a ratio of 3.27. for 31's 3.55 would place the rpm around 2660 at 75 mph and a ratio of 3.27.
  21. A

Im gaging for 75 - 80 hwy. Not 55 - 65 free way. But an rpm range below 3000. Also im shooting to have the ratio stay at factory 3.27 not above or below by much. Since a ratio of 3.27 is more balenced in my op for gas and torq. It placed the rpm low but not to low. You have power to move...
  22. A

Around $500 - 600. If I recall thats what my dad charged but id have to ask to be shurr.
  23. A

Well they probibly have 4.10's or 4.56's 4.10's place the ratio at 3.27 4.56's place it at 3.55 thats how they have good milage.
  24. A

That depends on vairiabls.
  25. A

You will have monster torq like having 4.56' and 33's but you will suffer in milage the more torq the higher rpm the more you burn in gas the lower the rpm the better the gas milage. The key is to find the balance to give you low rpm enogh power to get the tiyers moving and have good torq off...
Back