Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

What fuel range do you guys get?

Lol I wish I got the mileage you guys get, I get around 180 to the tank.
  2. 0

automatic ecu in my 5 speed

Is there a way to tell if it is federal or California emissions by looking at it or would I need to run a Vin check on it to find out? I thought there was a sticker under the hood that says either way but I cannot locate one on mine.
  3. 0

lifts

I have a drop pitman arm on mine and my steering is great, I do get bump steer though off road in ruts and uneven terrain over a certain speed.
  4. 0

Ok I will look into finding a refurbished one thanks, surprisingly she has plenty of power still with the 33's and the 3.27s. The 5 speed does very well in this truck. It doesn't feel any slower then our toyota with 32s and 456s. Looking forward to the 373s I have sitting in the garage, although...
  5. 0

lifts

I have a superlift 5.5 on 33s, 5 speed with ****ty 3.27 gears and it drives and handles great. It has a rear SOA without the rear sway bar and I love the way it drives.
  6. 0

Well the deal I have is my truck is a factory 5 speed with an automatic ecu.
  7. 0

Aside from getting a few cel codes from the auto ecu, will the automatic ecu cause any issues running my 5 speed truck other then codes? ie. Worse fuel trim, less timing Ect...
  8. 0

dpfe vacuum connections

They have both been replaced and plugged in the way they unplugged with the same size lines.
  9. 0

dpfe vacuum connections

Can someone post a picture of their aluminum dpfe and where their vacuum lines are connected at? This is what I have, is this correct? I'm getting a code 332 and want to make sure the vacuum lines are correct before I start replacing ****. This is what I have. I tried swapping the vacuum...
  10. 0

The benefits of a 20 year old truck.

Well she will be sitting for a while now :( my poor truck is dumping coolant out of the freeze plugs now. It is quite fantastic.
  11. 0

Opinions on fender flares

I'm running 33/12.5 and due to the narrow rear end, my tires don't even come out from the body in the rear. So I put the flares on top of that and it looks rediculous from the rear. Very very wide looks like a fat chick with fat hips and skinny chicken legs. Lol
  12. 0

The benefits of a 20 year old truck.

Well, damn. Lol. Looks like I'm off to the junkyard.
  13. 0

Opinions on fender flares

I'm torn on what to do with my flares, I took them off to paint them but can't decide if I should put them back on or leave them off. I like the how it looks tougher without them but I also like the updated look it gives the body. Idk. I'm torn. What do you guys think?
  14. 0

What should I do with this?

Yeah I have to tackle a little rust issue myself on my roof, need to use a little body filler on the rear quarter also, but that will wait until a nice non windy day.
  15. 0

Got new rubber on the 94

Thanks, it is a 5.5" Superlift with stock 2nd gen explorer 16" wheels.
  16. 0

What should I do with this?

They have an undercarriage spray they can do to help with salt corrosion on frame rails and body I don't know about who can do it fir you but here in Oregon I can get it done st the dealership.
  17. 0

Got new rubber on the 94

Well, new to me tires lol. 285/75/16 just thought I would share. I still think the 33's look small on her, look like 35's will fit with mild trimming up front.
  18. 0

modified aftermarket bumper

I have an option to buy a arb bumper from a 90s toyota my question is how hard would it be to modify it to fit the explorer without chopping it up too much? Has anyone every done this? It looks like it is definitely possible and could look really good when on but would it be worth it to modify...
  19. 0

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

What are your wheel and tire specs?
  20. 0

Please help ID this lower trim piece

I was just wondering if anybody knows what model or year of explorer came with this lower moulding that connects the flares? I am assuming an eddie bauer but whas it perhaps a specific year? I'm trying to finish my flares but want to avoid the trim with the side step. Thanks This is what I...
  21. 0

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

I pulled off my running boards and cleaned up underneath where they used to be. Waiting on a set of eddie bauer lower body accent to make it a way to the junkyard.1
  22. 0

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Here is mine on 2nd Gen wheels
  23. 0

2nd gen explorer flares on my first gen.

I was browsing pictures of explorers and came across this one and was wondering if this side skirt will fit with my eddie bauer flares Here is a picture with the side skirts I want, can anyone tell me if they will fit with the eddie bauer flares I have And if they do what year did they come...
  24. 0

I plan on taking off the limited side step and either running without one or going back to the junkyard and pulling the matching eddie bauer one. The flare are not notched to go over the moulding I had to use a Dremel aND cut out part of the rubber on the front fenders and rear doors. I would...
  25. 0

Anyways finished installing the flares today everything went relatively smoothly, I'm happy with the look, I am considering going back and getting the matching running board as well. I have plans to paint them all black in the near future as well. Here is a before and after for you guys, let me...
Back