Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Junk yard alternator dilemma

The Original is the lower one in the picture, with the plug coming out of the back. The junk yard one is on the top, with the plug coming out of the side.
  2. B

Junk yard alternator dilemma

I'm wondering if anyone else has run across this situation? I've got a 2013 Explorer XLT with a 3.5 non turbo. I purchased it with a seized alternator. Before I tackled the job I called the Ford dealer with the vin to confirm that I had a 200a alternator. I found one at a junk yard about an hour...
  3. B

No trailer lights after hitch swap

I took a look at it. Before I installed the hitch I painted the frame and hitch. It seems that there was no ground from the frame to the hitch. I backed out a couple bolts, scuffed the frame and bolt faces and hopefully we'll be good to go.
  4. B

I'm going to check it out today. Not sure which fuse it would be. I was just wondering if anyone else had it happen to them also.
  5. B

I recently swapped my factory class 2 hitch for a used factory class 3 hitch with 7 way rv plug and harness. Everything went well and the plug for the harness seemed to connect well. But I have no trailer lights at all now. Does anybody know what might have gone wrong?
  6. B

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

This write up was a life saver. I just replaced my fuel filter this past weekend. I started off with the plastic tool kit from autozone but that was useless. I bought the metal scissor style from Advance and still had trouble. I ended up having to wedge the open end of my 13mm wrench between the...
  7. B

How to: Install a Class III Hitch

Thank you. I just did this on my explorer last weekend. This saved me a ton of time/frustration
  8. B

Front lighter doesn't work

Hey Guys, Since I bought my truck the front console lighter receptacle wont work. The one on the back works fine though. The fuse is good. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue.
Back