Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

leaf spring hanger bolt size?

i need to know what size bolt is in the front spring hanger on the rear leaf springs? i mean what thread size like 3/8".
  2. L

Camber solution!!!!!!

why is the lower control arm cut up in the front and rear? turning room for the offset rims. i would assume
  3. L

Camber solution!!!!!!

where and how did u mount the front shocks, and from what application are they from? and i am thinking of running slam specialties rs 6 bags up front and rs 7 bags in rear. i hear they lift more than firestones and ride better ???
  4. L

Bags for the X

remove inner fenderwells/ relocate whatever is on them, notch the rear, run bags behind/ below the axle 2600's rear, 2500 front
  5. L

edge lowering control arms

***The explorer arms have the balljoint offset to the rear of the truck.They are side specific.So you end up with neg caster(BAD!!!!)*** is this true?? and did anyone ever figure this whole edge arm deal out? are they really the same as the ranger ones or what? does anyone know someone...
  6. L

20" rims on sport trac

no i dont have any tires on them yet. i am getting some 255/35/20 and my rims are 20x8 with 5 inches of backspacing
  7. L

Anyone done the spindle flip?????

i broke my promise. ;) one more question. if i use the djm arms , raised the uppers up two inches, but did not do the spindle flip would i get the same result as far as good camber. i mean that is the whole reason of using the djm arms and raising them, to get minimal camber change throughout...
  8. L

00Rngr: ok , did u have any problems with the ranger arms as far as caster problems like James t did when he tried to use some ranger arms(he extended his 1 inch) ?? or is it just as simple as putting them on welding in a ball joint and raising them up 2 inches? last question i promise
  9. L

I had them lengthened at a machine shop. The shop did exactly what i told them- lengthen the arms 1". Problem is, this tilted the wheel back (or forward, cant remember) and i could never get a decent caster reading. ok, i know what caster is. how would increasing the overall length of a...
  10. L

Quote: Originally Posted by lo xploder that did this to his 97 using djm ranger uppers but he never would post a pic for me. and he also raised the upper arms up 2 inches. Up to 97 the rangers used the I-beam front suspension design. That would work on a 1st gen explorer, but not any...
  11. L

ok, supposedly this is a common thing with the f-150 crowd. there is a guy on here 00ranger, that did this to his 97 using djm ranger uppers but he never would post a pic for me. and he also raised the upper arms up 2 inches. i dont know if the ball joint can simply be installed upside down...
  12. L

james t: I had the Ranger uppers. They worked..... kinda..... after i had them extended 1"...... made the camber good but caster couldnt be set. i have read the thread on ur trying that. (man is it a book) caster can only be adjusted on the pass side 2 piece arm. the driver side has no...
  13. L

Camber solution!!!!!!

00 ranger: i wanted to see pics of the spindle flip too
  14. L

JAMES T: You forget, i had the AIM uppers on mine for a while. u had aim uppers, they make uppers for explorers?, or did u have ranger uppers? did they work? AND did anyone ever call aim to see what the deal with these damn edge arms is???
  15. L

Lowering 01 Sport Trac..

Another question real quick what size socket is the torsion bolt? and its alright to fully take out the bolt right? 1. 1/2 inch socket 2. yes
  16. L

The stock explorer upper arms have the balljoints made to them,so they cant be removed. EXACTLY. a dude on the ranger edge forums called aim and they said the uppers did NOT come with ball joints. they told him to cut his old ones out of his arms?? The ranger "non-edge" upper balljoint...
  17. L

Lowering 01 Sport Trac..

man the ride is almost the same. u just hit bumpstops if u go over some rail road tracks fast or a big dip in the road. the autozone block set will work but if the hole in the middle of the block wont fit over the leaf spring center pin u will need to drill out the hole to fit ( i had to do...
  18. L

ok the deal is the upper arms don't come with ball joints. so i dont know if a explorer joint can be pressed in??? or if we could use ranger joints??? i believe the difference is the outer diameter is slightly larger on the x joints. so there is ur problem that is if the arms even work...
  19. L

Lowering 01 Sport Trac..

i put 3 inch blocks in rear and turned torsions down. i am going to do a torsion flip and remove 2 leafs out of the rear spring pack just to see what happens. also going to remove front bumpstops and cut rear ones down. i am going to bag it as soon as i get a compressor and tank cuz i got all...
  20. L

i have found some lowering control arms for a ranger edge. i think they have the same torsion bar suspension as our explorers. am i right ???? http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?source=&ID=73834&returnURL=%2Fapplication%5Flist%2Easp%3F
  21. L

ford008

i bought a control arm from him and it was in perfect shape and he shipped quick. excellent
  22. L

Did the tortion flip

(rear leafs) why not?
  23. L

Did the tortion flip

would a ranger lowering spring work on a explorer/sport trac???
  24. L

Did the tortion flip

i will try the tortion flip. what kind of lowering shock can i get for that much drop 2-4 inches?
  25. L

Did the tortion flip

ok, i lowered my sport trac 1.5 inches in front by tt. the driverside just backed out some but the pass side bolt came all the way out. now if i flip the adjusters can the bolts be put back in to adj unlevel side to side?
Back