Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Explorer New Door Asy Lock Still Does Not Lock

Torx Screw Heads The screw heads on my door lock mech are torx, not Phillips. That's true on all doors, not just the one that had the problem. If I were to replace I would always prefer torx to Phillips.
  2. S

I found it and Sherlock Holmes assisted OK, this was a weird one. First, swshawaii, thanks for the ideas - ALL locking and unlocking mechanisms worked but the outside door handle would always open door. How is that possible? Through a long series of trails and error, I figured out that...
  3. S

I have a 2002 XLT I just bought with the driver's door that does not lock. Inside lock lever, key lock and electric locks all actuate the locking mechanism on the assembly (or appear to). I figured it was something wrong inside the mechanism itself so I bought and replaced the old one. Exact...
  4. S

Broken Rear Hatch Door Handle

Thanks - saved me a lot of time!! Thanks to Josh at BCarSmart - your instructions were spot on. My handle had stopped working and the cause was the $2.50 plastic rod clip. A few hours of sweat and swearing and it was as good as Ford new.
Back