Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Where is Oil Gauge Sending Unit Located??

Hey all, thanks for everyone who responded in helping me determine my problem was the sending unit for my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L V6 gauge problem. If someone coule please post idiot proof instruction on where it is located I would appreciate it. I can't for the life of me find it and I...
  2. M

Guage Issue Please Help

Thank you!!! I appreicate the fast responses very much! I guess I will replace the sending unit although if its a dummy gauge like i have heard not sure its worth ti. Funny thing is, before they replaced my instrument cluster with the newer one (old one had black gauges with white lettering...
  3. M

Oil Guage Problem?

Same Problem My explorer has the same problem...Never did it thought until they replaced my instrument cluster in an eeffort to help a wandering gas gauge. (didnt help much). How much for a dealer to replace it all? I am worthless wtih fixin it myself :( Or do u think they damaged it when...
  4. M

Rear Windshield Wiper

Quick Fix Hey, I had mine replaced and still only worked briefly. THe dealer told me to squirt some WB40 on the spring area cuz thats all they would do and it would take care of it. Guess what it did...I have to squirt it from time to time of course but forwhatever reason now my wiper doesnt...
  5. M

Guage Issue Please Help

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 and for about a year now when I start my truck the check engine light will come on and the oil gauge will remain down in the position it is when off. After a minute or so it will pop up to the middle and the check gauge light will go off. This does not...
Back