Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

It was a great 2.5 years with my Ex Sport..but time to move on

Yeah I got a really good trade for my Ex with 72K on it even for a '14
  2. P

Total length is 185 inches...The ex length is 197...so this will be a bit easier to street park (live in Boston) But no backup camera so I will just have to learn like the old days LOL Nice to finally have stock HIDs...something The Wrangler never did until 2017
  3. P

Thanks to all of you for answer questions and being a great group! Purchased a 17 Wrangler Unlimited Smokey Mountain Edition. Picking it up Wednesday or Thursday. Will be sad to the see the Ex go. I will miss the 400+ HP I had with the tun but at 72K miles..things were starting to go wrong and...
  4. P

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

WOT Is when i get the rotten eggs smell..but also if I am going 85+ mph for a good 3-4 min (Not often at all but i have done 90 MPH for a good 10 miles strait before) I get the smell I just don't get how hard is it for ford to locate the leak..and fix it
  5. P

I would just wait for the lease to expire like Peter said..not worth it since you are upside down on it and close to the next redesign where they NEED/MUST fix this issue or someone could die. I have a 14 and i know even if i keep it for another 2-3 years they won't find a fix or be able to fix...
  6. P

Yup..i grew up in Worcester...this is going to hurt my trade in value i feel starting soon
  7. P

Just today here in MA a police officer in Auburn passed out and crashed due to poisoning....this is getting bad... Anyone have a good link for a decent/cheap detector? I am starting to get worried because my exhaust smell has been getting worse.
  8. P

But if a recall comes out and i am out of warranty..am I ******? I know there is a TSB out there for exhaust smell but my dealer said since i am out of warranty...it would cost me a lot to have it done I actually plan on getting Wrangler this fall so hopefully before the price dip if that does...
  9. P

I smell exhaust in mine a lot...who knows how much Carbon Monoxide i have been breathing in...
  10. P

Loud knocking from front end

Ya I am at 65K. See all my rubber...everything looks fine...no deterioration ect from my eyes or the dealer. But I guess something is still wrong. It did it yesterday (it was raining) and today it didn't....some days it does..others it doesn't. Calling dealer tomorrow to bring it back in
  11. P

How many miles? And this completely fixed the issue? They found no issues in any part of the suspension and they really really looked through it
  12. P

So they replaced the right sway bar link/bushings on right side where the knocking was...maybe 4 weeks ago...and now the noise is back almost 24/7 over bumps since yesterday...so I guess a bad sway bar and or it's not that...ugh...
  13. P

Best LEDs for my Aries Bull Bar?

So i noticed my Bull bar has 2 hold for two lights or a light bar. What do you guys suggest? I looks like it would be a challenge tightening those from down below given the almost zero space to get something in there to tighten the lights. I have the Aries 3". I see on their site they have...
  14. P

Got Livernois?

have the 93 v5 version in mine...love it and i agree..the quick shift changes ect really make a difference. Power is always there and never really sluggish. Anyone know if there is a version higher than 5 right now? I do most city and stop and go traffic..but also open highway....open highway...
  15. P

2019-2020 Explorer spotted?

I would say 18...looks almost identical
  16. P

I stopped at my dealer today as it was a day where it was happening..he heard it and immediately said..sway bar bushings. Brining it back in in 2 weeks for that to get fixed..look at my whine and get a complete 60K check up. I am at 63K and this dealer is great. Doing all the work for free...
  17. P

Plasti Dip on Mufflers

The matte black tips looks great...although they are starting to peel after 2 years in spots..but yes the Magnaflows have those rust spots that just don't look good from the rear
  18. P

Plasti Dip on Mufflers

Looks like I will give this a try and report back
  19. P

Plasti Dip on Mufflers

Would Plasti Dip be able to take the heat from the mufflers? I had my magna flows installed a year ago and they are starting to show rust sports when your looking from the rear and I would love to make them black to match the car....but not sure if this would hold up
  20. P

Murdered out black 2014 explorer

I bought my black emblems of etsy IIRC
  21. P

Remote start and unlock/lock only working from a very close distance

My radar detector but that's bee in for years and I just put in a high wattage USB-C fast car charger for my pixel phone...now that i think of it..since then it's been bad... Weird how stiff like that can interfere. I will give it a try.
  22. P

Remote start and unlock/lock only working from a very close distance

So lately with both keys, I have to be within 20 ft of the Ex to remote start it. I use to be able to start it from the living room as I have street parking and it could be at the end of the block. I replaced one battery and it still doesn't work like it use to. I am going to replace the other...
  23. P

Rattles Driving me CRAZY (Solved)

I have both as well..but found the first one. It sounded like the glove box...but it wasn't It was actually the top shade. If i move it down a tad..that rattle is gone. And i fixed one in my passengers door by some super glue the other day..so it's pretty good for now
  24. P

2 leaks - Not happy

I had my PTU replaced due to a leak as well. And i just hit 60K..so nothin major better happen from here on out as far as the PTU goes although i still have hesitation and stuttering in the 50-60 mph range when accelerating.
Back