Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Need help identifying loud clanging noise (vid)

Before I remove my intake and pull the valve covers I'm going to dump a can of seafoam into my oil and run it a bit. Anyone have any other suggestions before I begin surgery? It would be very helpful. I've done a ton of reading today and now I'm wondering if there's any chance this is a timing...
  2. N

Not your typical headlight switch question.

If wires were kind of burnt (I assume you mean the plastic was melted?) you may have a short somewhere, it could be intermittent and caused by stuff shifting around while you drive. Which wires were melted? (Colors and which connector they go to would help, take pics if you're not sure) Take...
  3. N

Edit: Nevermind I found the replacement parts online and it looks like they are hydraulic lash adjusters, looks like I'm going to have to pull the valve covers and take a look.
  4. N

It increases in speed when the throttle is opened, but not at the same rate as the RPMs increase. This started suddenly while driving in the city, car was warm (Had driven ~25 minutes to grocery store and was ~10 minutes into the drive back home) I performed an oil change (Along with...
  5. N

What is this melted wire?

So I had a small engine fire in the Explorer, managed to put it out quickly and it doesn't look like any damage was done except for this one wire that melted completely. I can't seem to find anything that isn't working and there are no codes to indicate what might be missing. I was hoping...
Back