Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

I got this "Terrain management error" last week after a snowfall had left 4-5 inches on the ground. The fault was still there after restarting the car, but it went away by itself after a few kilometers. Called the dealer right away and was told: "Yes it happens sometimes when there is too much...
  2. B

Disable welcome message

Haaa a BlackBerry function ! That explain why I was not able to find anything searching for "Sync welcome text message" and things like that ! Well thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Issue should be resolve soon as I am suppose to replace my bb Z10 with a Samsung S5 in a week or...
  3. B

Disable welcome message

I work in IT, so I am used to those things. ;) When I bought the Ex , my first thought was " Well an IT guy who bought a car that has Microsoft system in it...really ?!" :eek: ;) But It is not like if the system wasn't working at all, it is just a little annoying when you have a couple of...
  4. B

Disable welcome message

It does boot up with the ford logo and then goes to the regular home screen. A couple of seconds later, I receive the message notification coming from 999-555-1234 ( I checked this morning). Text is "Hi Welcome to your Ford. The current date is... You have 2 meetings today". If this is not...
  5. B

Disable welcome message

Well, I receive first an on screen notification, like if I was receiving a text message from the car. If i choose to have the system read it aloud, I think it says something l'île "welcome today is (date), bla bla ...and you have 1 meeting." can't hear correctly as the message is in english...
  6. B

Disable welcome message

Each time I start the car, I receive kind of a system message notification. Is there any way to disable this ?
  7. B

Is my sync at the latest version ?

Hi cwescapexlt4x4, Where did you get the download ? From your Ford owner account ? I sent a p.m. to Rebecca this morning as suggested by PeterK9, l will see if she can help.
  8. B

thanks for the info peterk9. Frustrating to realise that the Ford dealer where I bought the car did not update it, but at the same time I am not suprised. The car was not all in good shape when they sold it to me.
  9. B

Haha that's what I thought. Then how can I download the updates ? Or will I have to take it to the dealer to have it updated ?
  10. B

Hi all, Just bought a 2011 explorer XLT and I created an account on the ford owner site. There, when I verifiy for software updates, it tells me that my SYNC is up to date and the update was last confirmed on February 2011. When I check the SYNC version in the car, it is 4.29.12285. Is...
  11. B

Hello from Quebec

Hi all, New member from Quebec, Canada. I am a 44 years old computer technician. Just bought a used 2011 explorer XLT and I already have a couple of questions / Issues. I found this forum in a Google search result, and knew right away that this was THE place to get valuable answers !
Back