Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Trans dead darn

I just let engine with trans only pull itself down as much as it drops with all cross members out. With like 3-4 foot extension on ratchet. Didn't touch engine mounts. I did pull the Y pipe thou. It lets trans drop down more.
  2. 2

Trans dead darn

I read up on it and tons say Merc V is ok for TC. Alot use Merc V, royal purple,amsoil, mobil 1 syn trans fluid in TC, Merc V is just syn trans fluid in a 4x4 TC. (mine 4x4 not AWD) https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138659&highlight=transfer+case+fluid Fo For upper...
  3. 2

Trans dead darn

Well it made 194K. Trans was banging gears so I knew she was on way out. Then bang no more 3-4-5 or R. Made it home doing 30mph still better then a tow. Out with the old and in with the 24K unit I had waiting in the garage for 6 months. Bye bye: Now this large electric bulkhead would not...
  4. 2

2006 4.0L extremely noisy when cold start

My 2010 with 55K is noisy too on cold start up. Drives me nuts.
  5. 2

trans swap help

So that's no. lol
  6. 2

trans swap help

Check on http://car-part.com/
  7. 2

Alum therm housing

I just got a leak from my 2010 54K engine. I didn't care what part of the plastic stock housing let go. I wanted the alum one to be one and done. Ordered the cast alum one from SA and it is a great looking piece. Shipped super fast and came with all gaskets for a simple install. Here you can...
  8. 2

Miles to "low fuel" light?

It says 13.9 ish
  9. 2

Just did test again. Drove it till dash said Zero miles to empty and then filled tank. Took 16 gals. So 6 gals still in tank. Thats's another 84 miles. Just wondering if Ford is leaving that much of a buffer.
  10. 2

My post never states i'm going thru gas faster then normal. What I's saying is my low fuel light is coming on WITH 10 gals still in tank. I fill tank to top where it can't take any more gas. Zero trip meter. Drive 140 miles and low fuel light comes on. Truck says it's getting 14mpg on dash. I...
  11. 2

Come on , stop talking about fuel leaks and fuel pressure. Those are not even remotely linked to this. I just want a simple answer. Which would be.... Answer My low fuel light comes on when I have x.. amount of fuel in my tank.
  12. 2

Please reread my post.
  13. 2

I top off tank so no more fuel will go in. I then go 140 miles and my low fuel light comes on. I checked and my tank is suppose to be 22 gal. 140 miles is only 10 gals. I should have 12 in tank still but light coming on. I have records that fuel pump was just done. But gauge reads full at...
  14. 2

Looking for a "new" Ex, V6 w/ 5R55W or V8 w/ 6Rxx Tranny?

Just put in a low mile new bullet and be done.
  15. 2

I think it finally died

I got the VIN # and ran a carfax on it. Yep 51K. 09/24/2010 Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER 10/06/2010 Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER 11/10/2010 STONEHAM, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL 11/26/2010 STONEHAM, MA...
  16. 2

I think it finally died

I just bought my 2010 4.0 from LKQ with 51K $1250 shipped to my door. You can't beat that with a stick. It had to cost 250 to ship it from Canada to my house for sure. I stripped dead engine down to check it out and give me more room to disconnect everything. Put in new one with intake off...
  17. 2

TC & ABS lights after New Front Hub

I have had one with bad whip right out of the box. New does not mean good. Try to see if old whip will fit in new hub and try that. Whip ='s ABS sensor,
  18. 2

How to fix play in steering wheel? Steering wheel moves a little bit before wheels.

Was you front end checked out? Inner and outer tie rod ends and all ball joints. If good Then there are universal joints in the steering shaft that can get sloppy.
  19. 2

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

Thanks, I was looking for window sticker look up. Works great!
  20. 2

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

Just bought my 2010 V6 XLT with 190K. But the engine is coming out right now because previous owner drove it with blown hose and baked the engine. New bullet has 51K! One owner clean carfax no accidents all ford records. Tow package with oil cooler and 3.73's,17's,adj pedals,auto dim...
  21. 2

2010 flexplate to crank bolts TTY? 4.0L

Ok just so peeps can know they are TTY. I got them for 2.01 each but not till weds. I guess new engine is not going in this weekend. Bummer.
  22. 2

2010 flexplate to crank bolts TTY? 4.0L

I googled heck out of it and can't find 100% answer. Are 2010 4.0L flexplate bolts torque to yield or not? Thanks
  23. 2

Help Please Which TPS to Buy

Its a no brainer if you want oem quality buy Motorcraft.
Back