Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

I'm at wits end here, scraping/grinding noise from front passenger wheel

Ok, so as it turns out, I goofed up pretty bad on this. There was a problem with the front passenger side wheel initially that caused it to overheat and smoke in one instance (that I knew of). I wish I knew exactly what it was that caused it to do this but seeing as to how I replaced nearly...
  2. S

I'm at wits end here, scraping/grinding noise from front passenger wheel

scraping/grinding noise and excessive heat and smoke for behind wheel Sorry about original title being mis-leading as I have sinced ruled out the rotor grinding on the caliper bracket. UPDATE: It was actually just the pads and rotor but the back not the front. turned out to be 2 seperate...
  3. S

Mercon V ATF for both trans and power steering

Thanks to all for replys/input Can't say I feel good about doing it myself b/c I don't know what the previous owner put in there last. I think I'll fork over the money to Zap Lube and let them do it, this way at least they would have to back it if something goes wrong due to what they did (also...
  4. S

further confused me That says they stopped producing Mercon after some point in 2007 and that you could service using Mercon V for "some" vehicles, conveniently my specific vehicle is not listed there. So was the thought process for them just screw the other guys? with my luck thats exactly it...
  5. S

Sorry if there is a thread on this already, I couldn't find it. I'm looking to start doing all my fluid changes myself. I never did them before as it seems I would only save a few bucks (actually lose a few the first time buying the necessary equipment/tools) and the I'd rather save the time...
  6. S

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Great write up and it works First off big thanks to Thallarsen, almost a decade later and still very useful info. Found this thread while trolling the forum (didn't notice my overhead didn't work) and did exactly as you said and its all good now. I did lose those torx screws but that might have...
  7. S

Headlights/lights turn on and off with ignition only?

I'll put the new ones in more carefully. Hopefully that stops them from blowing again. If so great, cuz I'm dumbfounded as to why the lights turn on and off with the car but don't care all that much as long as the lights don't keep blowing. thanks Flash and DjDom, much appreciated.
  8. S

I don't have the slider on the rearview mirror but I did notice something that looks like a button/sensor pinned between the inside of the windshield and the top of the dash. I was thinking maybe it is a sensor and the windshield may have been replaced with one alon with the rearview mirror. I...
  9. S

Ford Paint Code LL = Deep Wedgewood Blue/metallic

thanks, I actually didn't know they had NAPA in NJ as I've only seen them down south but I'm heading straight there after work.
  10. S

Ford Paint Code LL = Deep Wedgewood Blue/metallic

Does anyone know where to obtain this. I have been looking through all the auto stores (autozone, pepboys, advanced auto parts) in my area (North Jersey). It seems they'll have Meduim Wedgewood but never Deep Wedgewood. Is this color discontinued by Dupli color, and if so is there another brand...
  11. S

So my problem is that the car lights turn on if and when the car does and it doesn't matter where the switch is set. They DO turn off when the ignition is switched off and as far as I can tell there is no auto lamp feature on it which would be what I would think is causing it. I have checked the...
Back