Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Is this a good deal!?

Were there notable improvements as the series went along? Mine's a 2002 but I've been considering looking for another and selling this one off. Like the OP, I like the 3rd gen. the best visually, but I've also been considering looking for a 4th gen. instead. Why don't you like these features...
  2. T

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I just fixed mine after two months without heat! First time was the worst, I think it was about 16 degrees out, so not too bad, but after 50 miles of driving, I was pretty cold. I went ahead and cut as much of the dash as I could without it showing and just used the saw blade on my Leatherman...
  3. T

Antenna Base replacement 04 Explorer

I happened into this thread just checking to see if there were any helpful tips before I jacked up the car, took off the tire and wheel well lining then fishing the new antenna wire through. Being a big fan of $5 parts that are like new over $60 parts, I got my antenna mount from the wrecking...
  4. T

Keyless entry pad code location

I know that mine had to do with broken wires but if you've verified all of them are good then possibly something is wrong with the computer unit? You may want to see if you can try another unit from a junkyard.
  5. T

Don't buy 3rd Gen with 4.0L

Keep the running boards and add the handle!
  6. T

Don't buy 3rd Gen with 4.0L

Personal difference here, because I never find them to be in the way and use them all the time, especially for getting into the car top carrier.
  7. T

Bought an Explorer at an Auction! EEK!

I'll pay attention to the series if I sell this one. I suppose the Limited would have more of the creature comforts too. I had to add the heated mirrors to my XLT.
  8. T

Why the Limited over the Eddie Bauer? I'm considering selling the one I have now too and have been weighing the options of buying another.
  9. T

Sounds like you and the buyer both made a perfect match! Hope you can find a decent deal on the one you're looking for.
  10. T

Damn you're good, I completely missed the trashed passenger running board. Potential buyer won't though.
  11. T

Just my opinion, but I'd say if you want to keep it: *Take the dent out of the bumper *Take care of the engine problems If you decide to sell: *Take the dent out of the bumper *Take care of the engine problems Sounds like you're not intimidated by an engine swap which makes me think...
  12. T

Like the stock low beams but not the high beams

Your high beams sound like mine but with your low beams I'm suspecting a problem somewhere because mine are better than I've ever had and with stock halogen bulbs. The fog lights are very worthwhile picking up from a wrecking yard. Last night it was snowing hard enough for a while that I was...
  13. T

This is exactly the kind of response I've been waiting for! Can you make a suggestion as to which company/model would do that for me?
  14. T

Yeah, further is what I'm wanting from the high beams! Haven't spent any time on it yet but I'm going to take a look at the above suggestion to put a 9007? in the low beam position so that I'll get both high and low out of the low beam reflector. Maybe I'll go look through some of the junk...
  15. T

Looking for everyones opinions on Double-din headunits.

This sounds pretty good, what model Jensen is it? Also, anybody had experience with the Parrot ASTEROID Smart? It looks like another possibility with lots of capabilities.
  16. T

How do you remove dipstick tube 3rd gen V8

Hmmm... Last Activity: 10-28-2015 04:51 PM So after busting balls about no replies, there's now five replies in place by the last time he visited and doesn't even respond to his own thread.
  17. T

Looking for everyones opinions on Double-din headunits.

Are there any stock radios for newer Explorers that would fit into my 2002 so that I could have usb or bluetooth connectability? Be great if I could have built in GPS and rear view camera as well. I'm a big stock-appearance fan but am not completely against getting an aftermarket radio...
  18. T

I like these two ideas the most and just need to figure out which way to go with it. Ideally I'll keep the original fixtures and have two high beam bulbs going at once which sounds perfect.
  19. T

Should have said I don't like bling and am a stock appearance fan. If there's a retrofit that would still look stock but give better throw on the high beams it would definitely be on my radar.
  20. T

It's funny how we're all describing the same headlights and yet taking away a different view of them! I'm very rural too and have moose on regular basis to worry about, but the low beams on mine give better throw than any vehicle I've ever had. My high beams on the other hand offer less...
  21. T

Keyless entry pad code location

The problem with the advice you're getting is probably due to the model difference, with the Sport having it in a different location, which unfortunately I don't know since I too have an XLT.
  22. T

I like the stock low beams on my 2002 Explorer and think they're the best I've ever had, not to mention the fog lights too, but the high beams are nothing but bright flood with no additional throw over the low beams and I'd like to find out what options I have for adding throw for the high beams...
  23. T

Help! How do I change these bulbs!! 2002 limited EX

The one all the way in back gave me the most trouble I guess, but I just pried up an edge, then once I had the ability to squeeze my fingers in between the lens and headliner I just worked my way around and around until it finally clicked loose, pretty much the same as the middle one with the 3...
  24. T

Help! How do I change these bulbs!! 2002 limited EX

My smaller LED's showed up and I've swapped out all six of the overhead interior lights fairly quickly and while I would have preferred a warmer light like the original incandescents at least it's acceptable and not overly green unless looked at in a side by side comparison. The mirror mounted...
  25. T

This is one of my favorite colors for these and I think you got a great deal even if you have to rebuild the tranny.
Back