Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I’m sorry I thought there was an extended warranty for failed power steering in upto 2013 explorers. For the part only. My vehicle is a CPO but the steering isn’t part of the powertrain.
  2. E

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

So I took my 2013 Explorer into the shop to have a squeak when I turn left and right looked at. Service advisor said they put chassis ears on and found it was the steering rack and I would need to replace it for $2,200.00. I said well I don’t have that kind of money. Funny thing is that the tech...
  3. E

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Earlier in this thread there was a link to the Forscan codes to enable the remote start on 2016. If you have the required parts (OBD2 connector, Windows PC, Fordscan with extended license [FREE@ forscan.org]. Once you have all that is pretty simple. Just follow the instructions on the list...
  4. E

My apologies. I’m not positive but this link should help. Or the person who wrote it should be able to. How to: - 2016 Explorer- Adding Remote Start Facts
  5. E

I thought the hood pin was automatically seen once plugged in. That’s how it was in my 2013 Base
  6. E

Adding auto headlights

Thanks for all your hard work! Just so that I am correct all I need is the switch with auto lights the wiring harness and the sunloader sensor? How did you wire it up yourself?
  7. E

Really dumb question but I have to ask

I can understand that. I grew up in stow and ate there all the time when I was living there. Anyway have a great holiday! Enjoy the ride!
  8. E

Really dumb question but I have to ask

Hey mike don’t forget to hit up Swensons! It’ll make your EX smell soooooo goood!
  9. E

Adding auto headlights

Awesome! Thank you for your wealth of information! If I have more questions I’ll PM you!
  10. E

Adding auto headlights

Thanks Peter! I read the entire thread and didn’t find the answer there. Mostly aftermarket options. If I find a solution I will make sure to update the appropriate thread! Also, Thank you for maintaining this amazing informative forum!
  11. E

Adding auto headlights

Hmm I have 2013 base I haven’t seen the wiring there for it but I could be missing it. Are the connectors taped to the harness? Would you be able to see it without taking off the front bumper.
  12. E

Adding auto headlights

Also since you have to switch out the headlight button is there a way to wire aftermarket fog lights to it? I would assume you would have to take the wiring and attach it to the PCM so that the fog light button works?
  13. E

Adding auto headlights

Copy That. Thank you. I’ll take a look later today when I’m off my shift.
  14. E

Adding auto headlights

Nice! So the wires are not already there? I thought that would be on the main harness. I found a plug behind the glove box taped up. On the diagram looks like where a pigtail for the sun sensor could be plugged into
  15. E

Adding auto headlights

Were the wires already there? Did you just get the small grey connector c2280b and route it up to where the sun sensor would be?
  16. E

Does anyone know the programing code for auto headlamp enabled? Trying to see if I can add auto headlamps with a new button wiring harness and sunloader
  17. E

Adding auto headlights

Have you tried this yet? I haven’t looked at the wiring but I think that the connector for the sun loader wiring harness is behind the glove box up in the dash. I figure that a wiring harness, sunloader and new switch would do the trick. Also would have to program it from forscan.
  18. E

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Really quick question. If I wanted to increase the range of my remote start and I buy the antenna for it and plug it into the tpms in the center consol?
  19. E

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

So I was doing more research on this. I found out that you can enable fog lights in Forscan. I just want to know if there is a way to wire them to the Ford switch for this to work. It works on fiestas, and focuses
  20. E

Keyfob programing issues

So I bought a key off of eBay for my 2013 Ford Explorer. Got it cut and programmed it myself. The key will start the car but the button functions do not work. Is this user error with programing or is it just a bad key. I used the manual instructions. UPDATE: I figured it out, %100 user error.
  21. E

I’m sorry I guess I was just a little confused. Just so I have this correct. To enable the remote start on a 2011-2015 Explorer through Forscan I need the full program with the extended license and a PC?
  22. E

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Looks like I’m gonna need to get my hood fixed. Shut my hood today and a big chunk of paint came off. Anyone do the tsb and not have problems after?
  23. E

What OBD2 Bluetooth device are people using for iPhone to make these changes?
  24. E

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Will a cheap obd2 Elm327 work for this? I’m trying to save some money and see there are ones that are mostly WiFi for my iPhone...
Back