Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. donalds

My 2000 Explorer 4 door XLT

Lol I has a push rod engine in it That year should have a sohc And 4pointslow is a sohc guy Funny this ride ended up in his hands
  2. donalds

'02 Sport Trac Upper control arm, cam bolts, inner and outer tie rods - tips

So true! So...what's four grunts and a fart equal lol
  3. donalds

'02 Sport Trac Upper control arm, cam bolts, inner and outer tie rods - tips

I used a pipe wrench and lock tight on reinstall
  4. donalds

Help with timing chain parts for v6 SOHC 4.0L

Yes its correct
  5. donalds

All of us have bought and run the eBay one We have no experience with the sparks racing unit However the sparks racing unit is probably higher quality If I was you I would order both the $20 unit from amazon and the sparx racing be the 1 to compare them for us
  6. donalds

I'd Assemble everything with the hydraulic tensioners And add the manual tensioners after a few hundred miles That's just how I would do it
  7. donalds

Headunit update, old guy update

Well I do like red heads
  8. donalds

Steering Rack Bushings

I did mine in the truck as well
  9. donalds

1997 "white" 4.0 SOHC primary and D side secondary chain guide repair-Fill neck hose replace-

Yea mine The reading drifted over time and when winter came we had hard start issues
  10. donalds

What parts are you replacing exactly?
  11. donalds

1997 "white" 4.0 SOHC primary and D side secondary chain guide repair-Fill neck hose replace-

The aftermarket sensors on the aluminum thermostat housing Only lasted a year gave me hard starting issues replaced it with a ford ecu temp sensor brandused From the junkyard
  12. donalds

Disable all of the ads?

No adds for paid membership ;)
  13. donalds

Worn Driveshaft U Joint Bearings?

I just did this job Mine sounded like crickets
  14. donalds

Blueka's Elite Registry

Lol
  15. donalds

Blueka's Elite Registry

Got that Carolina lean lol
  16. donalds

You will feel it . If you adjust to tight you will see the engine stumble If you tighten the chain too much you will simply open a valve And the engine will run poorly Don't overthink ITIT's easy
  17. donalds

How to: 4.0 OHV Refresh

Remove the valve core and retest
  18. donalds

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/4-0-sohc-timing-noise.473831/page-4#post-3717471
  19. donalds

I have no idea if that would work at that point I'd just go manual His bypass only does that front tensioner What about the back one Mine preoiles the whole engine which is minty Manual tensioner s cover the problematic hydraulic tensioners
  20. donalds

Yes but as they get longer the spring stays the same Been a couple years and I've never adjusted them Ill check them if They make noise or after 5 years
  21. donalds

Yes but it don't sometimes even when its new Yes that's how it's ment to work And the rattle is from the weak spring but also include The chain stretching in your calculations Yes When the chain stretches even a little you will start to get rattle Personally on my sleeper truck I run the...
Back