Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

It's a part of the video. Around minute 3:50
  2. C

This isn't normal. I had a news crew do a carbon monoxide test in my vehicle. You can see the results in the video. Levels exceeded 20ppm. All other cars they tested didn't go above 1 ppm.
  3. C

Glad to see you got a response! Good luck! Be sure to look up your states lemon law rules and follow it to a T. Prepare for your hearing as Ford will go after you with a vengeance. They do not want to buy the cars back at all, even though they know they're poisoning people.
  4. C

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mb/news/feds-investigating-popular-ford-suv/305246618
  5. C

No luck so far. I lost with the BBB so now I am waiting for my case to be scheduled with the attorney General's office.
  6. C

Everyone on here needs to check this out: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mb/news/feds-investigating-popular-ford-suv/305246618
  7. C

No Idea Honestly, I have no idea. I just called Ford's 1-800 # and opened a buyback request ticket, so maybe I don't have to do all the BS again. I also sent out an email blast, which seemed to get things moving along last time too. But who knows. They didn't settle with me last time, so not...
  8. C

NO Luck on 2016 Sadly Peter, there is no such luck. I got a 2016 Explorer Sport as part of the FL Lemon Law replacement for my 2015 Explorer Sport. We have about 6k miles on it now, and the smell is WORSE in the 2016 than it was in the 2015. I am VERY sad and disappointed because I love my...
  9. C

Lemon Law Success This is an update on my previous posts. I successfully arbitrated my case through the right channels and Ford bought back my 2015 Sport. It was replaced with a 2016 Sport WITH adaptive cruise (at no extra cost except for tax!) Review your applicable states lemon law rules and...
  10. C

I can't say much until I get into my new truck, but there statement was that they performed all the fixes and I never brought it back in after 4 repair attempts so they didn't know the problem was still occurring (even though I was fully going through the lemon law program :mad: ) And rep...
  11. C

FL Lemon Law Update Just a quick update on my FL Lemon Law case with the BBB. Without a lawyer, I went in front of the arbitrator and both Ford and myself stated our cases... Long story short, the arbitrator SIDED WITH ME!! Our new 2016 Explorer Sport will be here within 45 days! Granted, we...
  12. C

Problem still pursists! LEMON LAW Hello all!! Just an FYI, anyone having this issue, contact your state's BBB and open a case if you are eligble for the Lemon Law. I settled with FORD for 2 car payments and an extended warranty!! I only settled because after the Ford service engineer performed...
  13. C

Has anyone taken their vehicle in for a software update, in relation to this issue? When I was going through the Florida Lemon Law process, the regional service engineer performed a software update. I am wondering if anyone else has had this performed and what results you have had? Mine has been...
  14. C

So an Update on the Lemon Law Good Faith Review by Ford: They have denied my claim to have them replace or buy back the vehicle. So next step is 3rd party arbitration through BBB- Autoline and submitting a claim through them. Wish me luck...
  15. C

Ford Explorer 2011-2015 exhaust smell

Any update on your case? I am waiting to hear back from my Ford legal analyst to see if we can settle it without it going to the BBB-Autoline 3rd party for arbitration. I am very curious to see if I have any chance of resolution. What stage in the process are you? I am in Florida as well...
  16. C

Ford Explorer 2011-2015 exhaust smell

I'm doing the exact same thing right now, in FL too. What step are you in the process?
  17. C

2016 Limited or Sport

SPORT all the way!! I honestly don't know why this is even a thread on here. If you're even considering the sport, get the sport! I have a 2015 model and absolutely love it! I wouldn't trade the look and feel of it for anything in the world, except maybe a Platinum since they have the same...
  18. C

Just an update on my post yesterday, I sent out an email bomb to some representatives at Ford and the legal analyst I have been dealing with and less than 3 hours I got a callback from her. She is submitting my vehicle for a good faith review to see if we can get it resolved without having to go...
  19. C

Also, does anyone out there have a 2016 Sport? I am wondering if this same problem is happening on the 2016s or if Ford has finally fixed it. Thanks!
  20. C

So I have been on this forum almost daily since I noticed this problem with my brand new explorer. I also did a lot of lemon law research for my state, Florida, and am wondering if anyone on here has had any luck with Ford with pursuing this via legal methods? I went through the 3 repair...
Back