Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Cruise shuts off and p2104

I've got an 04 Explorer XLT 4.0. Last week while using cruise the engine rpm's dipped a little and then the cruise shut off. I was able to manually accelerate and drive it, no problem. At some point the wrench light went on. It's done it a few more times, so now I just don't use the cruise...
  2. T

Leak through overhead console... not drain lines.

Thanks for the advice folks.. I took it to a windshield place this morning. He pushed on the windshield near the top and it flexed away from the frame quite a bit. He's positive that is where the leak is coming from. $120 to reseat and seal, $185 if they break and have to replace the windshield...
  3. T

Leak through overhead console... not drain lines.

I've got an '04 Explorer. I posted on this a year or so ago, and got one suggestion, to caulk it shut forever. Another summer is here, and I'd rather not have to keep it in the garage, and not use it when it's raining. Usually, but not always, water leaks through the overhead console, coming...
  4. T

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

I know this is an old thread, but I have to say thank you. I had both problems, the lack of air flow and the blend thing not working. I just fixed the first thanks to this thread and can't believe the difference. The blower actually feels like a regular vehicle now. My outer vent was factory...
  5. T

04 Explorer sunroof leak, not drain lines, I think

I've got an Explorer that leaks often, but not always when it rains. Sometimes it will run down the windshield right in front of the driver (where the headliner fabric is sagging in the photo) and more often it will collect in the dope light/top console and drain out of the drivers side dope...
  6. T

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

One question.... I usually do things the hard way for some reason. Instead of trying to work with a tiny bit of slack in between the door and the body (with the rubber boot getting in the way), would it have been possible to unplug all the wires inside the door, pull the entire bundle out of...
  7. T

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

I registered just so I could say THANKS! This forum is wonderful! I've had the Explorer for about 2 years now, and the previous owner mentioned a few quirks including the door ajar light. I just drove with the dome light dimmer turned off all the time, until this weekend when even that didn't...
Back