Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2017 vs. 2016 Opinions

I'm in a 2016 and really wish I had Sync 3 but agree it's a personal decision based on your need/desire for the tech and, of course, cost difference. I'd pay, but if you ask my wife, I'm a fool for that (and many other things that involve anything new or shiny).
  2. S

Tire Pressure

Done and done. Thanks for great advice here. I hope they get back with me!
  3. S

Tire Pressure

I'm getting the same thing/similar on a 2016 4WD XLT. It started very soon after I brought it home brand new and I put off going for warranty work because I assumed it would be a simply switch of the sensor or some easy/known issue that the dealer would swiftly repair. Of course, that last part...
  4. S

Tire Pressure Sensor Fault under 1k miles

My 2016 Ford Explorer XLT has done the same thing a bunch of times also right before and after a thousand miles. Sometimes it doesn't even reset when I stop, park and drive again shortly after. A few times, it went back to showing the pressure correctly again without stopping. It seems to alert...
  5. S

New 16 ExSport

Silence = envy. Oh wait... shhhh! LOL * VERY nice!
  6. S

Anyone with IDS can enable remote start for me cheap?

So true! I once worked for a very large chemical/cleaning product company that had a program where restaurants would lease dish machines that were exclusively rebuilt (no new machines). The machines were, quite literally, "fix or repair daily" within about a month or two after installation...
  7. S

2016 XLT, brand new, under 500 miles, running with AC at idle, outside the vehicle...

I'm looking for that next time I'm idle for more than a minute—thanks!
  8. S

2016 XLT, brand new, under 500 miles, running with AC at idle, outside the vehicle...

Thanks for the info on what was a mystery to me about my new Explorer. I've NEVER seen a vehicle cut off like that, so I was completely thrown (and slightly freaked out since I was WAY out in the mountains visiting a long time friend). Of course, my little one was taking advantage of her cozy...
  9. S

No doubt. Nor would I. I was literally leaning on it outside, talking to a buddy... I wouldn't go 6 feet and certainly wouldn't leave the FOB inside unless my wife was there with hers as well!
  10. S

Nothing wakes that kid up unless I'm getting something important done! ;)
  11. S

Good info and thanks for the reply. I'll check that book out sometime soon... hopefully not under duress! :D
  12. S

Order 16 - LED

My fogs (2016 XLT) look really bad...almost DIM under the headlights and LED surrounding them. It does look cool with just the LED part on and headlights on with fogs on, but driving like that's gotta be illegal, right?
  13. S

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Oh I hate my XLT fog bulbs. I had no idea. Horrible difference. How much are those LED replacements? I'm assuming I could do this on an XLT also?
  14. S

...with my 2 year old sleeping in the child safety seat while I was visiting with my buddy and it just suddenly stopped running. I hadn't walked very far (less than 10 feet) away from the vehicle (FOB in pocket). Is this a safety/security feature? The day after I got it I left it running...
  15. S

Paint Issues - Non Hood

Any photos? By what you have described, I'm not sure where to look (plus I have had the vehicle for about 36 hours).
  16. S

I feel bad for this guy...

The salesperson I bought from is a LONG time friend of mine who just started selling cars for the first time. He was telling me there was no difference between 2015/2016. I'm glad I found this and other web sites. I was gentle with my friend, but agree here that most sales people just want to...
  17. S

Anyone with IDS can enable remote start for me cheap?

I bought mine (less than 48 hours ago) about 2 hours away and now realize I'll have to go all the way bak there to get that done since it was not enabled (but it was promised). I'm in Maryland also, so if I find somewhere more local, I'm going to have the dealer work it out with the local shop...
  18. S

Brand new 2016 Explorer XLT

I haven't owned a Ford product in a LONG time. Hondas and Acuras have been a long, expensive habit that I might drop. My family "needed" third row seating, so now we have it! I'm looking forward to discussion here (and hoping none of it has to do with car problems I need to deal with anytime...
Back