Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Door chime issue

my moms 2007 Sport Trac door chime and turn signal chime do not work most of the time. Sometimes they do most of the time they don’t. Anyone else have this issue and how do you fix it?
  2. F

Rear window weatherstrip

Can someone post a picture of the weatherstrip on the rear window at the bottom? My mom’s 07’s is missing and I think I’ve found it on Tascaparts.com 8A2Z-7841616-A but I’m not sure, there’s not a lot of them around here so I can’t look at one.
  3. F

Trailer light connector not getting power

So I used the trailer and of course my old truck started acting up. So I went and got the Sport Trac and hooked everything up and the lights magically work now. So I guess it fixed itself. Thank you all for the replies
  4. F

I replaced every fuse that had anything to do with trailer. Haha and yes it was hooked up to the truck. I didn't try the 4 flat. It's too far under it for the trailer connector. I got a 4 flat to 7 round connector. I took a power probe to both connectors with the parking lights on and didn't get...
  5. F

Console shifter light

so I have a 2007 sport trac limited and the light doesn't work on the shifter. How do I change the bulb? What all do I have to take off so I don't break anything. Also the headlight switch needs a new bulb. ( assuming they both have a bulb I just got it )
  6. F

so I have a 2007 sport trac limited with the factory trailer tow package. I hooked a trailer to it for the first time and the lights won't work. I replaced all the trailer related fuses and am still not getting power. What should I be looking for? ( the lights were on parking lamps while doing...
  7. F

No A/T tire's for the limited?

So we are looking at a 2007 sport trac limited 4x4 and I looked the stock 235-65-R18 tire's up and they are all highway tire's. What is a close size I can get that offer A/T tire's that don't rub?
  8. F

Looking for OEM black leather headrests for my 2017 Limited

I've never seen a set in a explorer. Or any new ford for that matter.. Mind posting a picture if you can?
  9. F

Water Leak

i was driving my moms 2016 Platinum yesterday in the rain and water poured out of the dome lamps in the front. Yes it has the moonroof. It's got 5,600 miles on it. And it was raining hard and I went down a hill and turned right. I cannot get pictures to post ( phone)
  10. F

Click no start. Steady red theft light.

Okay so we solved our own issue. The negitive termanal was loose.. Had to take the cable off the termanal and slide the termanal onto the cable more and tighten it and it started. This thing has had more ignition/starting problems then I can count.
  11. F

Okay so we put it on the charger. Same thing except now it's blowing sparks off the negitive battery terminal when you turn the key. I've locked it and the theft light is now staying on constant.
  12. F

My brother has a 03 explorer XLT 4.0 flex fuel I went to start it today and I turned the key on like normal and as soon as I went to start it click all lights died headlights wouldn't turn on until I closed the door tried again same thing. The red theft light on the dash was steady red. After...
  13. F

Platinum sony sound system

Yeah 1 or 2 notches more though. thats as high as it went in the 2013 and its as high as its going to go in the 2016
  14. F

yes it was in surround mode but it was just some Toby Keith so i doubt it was the music the bass was at 2 or 3 along with the midrange and the treble was at 4 I don't think it is working right. i asked my brother and he said the same thing so it isnt my hearing either.
  15. F

My mom has a 2016 Explorer Platinum with 50 miles on it. i used the CD player in it for the first time yesterday and in her 2013 Limited it'd sound great but i turned it up to the same volume level as i would in the 2013 and it sounded as the front speakers were the only ones working. for a...
  16. F

Signature LED Lights

found it. the headlamps have to be on the off position which imo is dumb. they are bright as heck you dont need the headlamps as DRL's all that does is make you like most chevy drivers oh my headlights are on im good when its foggy or very close to being dark and none of your other lights are on.
  17. F

Signature LED Lights

Signature lighting Is there a way to get the signature lighting as the DRL's? It's a 2016 platinum I turned the DRL's off and had it in auto and the signature lights stayed off in drive. Is this normal?
  18. F

1000 Mile Engine Break-In: How Critical?

3.5 Ecoboost break in period How would you all recommend breaking in a new ecoboost?
  19. F

LED Fog Lamps standard on platinum?

So my mom is getting a 2016 Explorer Platinum late this week and i did not get a chance to turn on the fog lamps i looked on the ford build and price and they were not an option. are they standard? every other trim besides the base has them as an option.
  20. F

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

look up Tascaparts.com they have the ford ones for $77
  21. F

Great Ford Dealerships

Ray Skillman Preformance Ford in greenwood IN my moms work has leased cars from them for almost 20 years salesmen are nice and do not push you. the guy that they went with for 17 years would bring my moms boss a new F150 lariat in the exact color he wanted every redesign and the paperwork and do...
  22. F

Interior lights wont come on?!?

Yes the puddle lamps do work and the parking lights do come on when you open/close a door. The ambient lighting does work. none of the map lights work when you open the door you have to push them and they will come on. the 3rd row map light will not come on though even if you do push it. tonight...
  23. F

Interior lights wont come on?!?

Front map light and 3rd row map light not working My moms 2013 explorer limited has the front map lights not working when you open the doors but they work when you press them. The rear light in the 3rd row isn't working either and the powerfold 3rd row buttons are not lit up like normal help.
  24. F

coolant loss

Replaced the o ring did the trick no more leaks!! Thank you all.
  25. F

coolant loss

Well it's fixed and the coolant sensor is leaking coolant bad. What should I do now?. I put the little clip back in..
Back