Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

HID Headlight HELP!

Definitely sounds like a bad ballast. I'm sure its a cheap Chinese kit, as this is pretty normal with those kits.
  2. R

2016 explorer 2nd row bucket seats - dealer fraud?

No second row bucket seats on the newer Explorer will have arm rests. If you were in an Explorer with armrests, they had to be aftermarket. Also look at your window sticker as second row bucket seats, and the center console are options that will be on there.
  3. R

Quiet Start/Heated Seats/RPM

My heated seats and steering wheel turn on below a certain temperature when I remote start... I haven't changed any settings.
  4. R

Car seats question

I have a 9 month old, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old, and we decided to go with the buckets in the second row with no console. 5 year old sits in the back, and 9 month old and 2 year old sit in the buckets. Works out really nice, and we don't have to fold seats for the 5 year old to get in the...
  5. R

New 16 ExSport

Those calipers look awesome with the color like that. I might have to paint mine! Also...love that Mustang in your garage!
  6. R

Platinum arrived scratched

I'd refuse it. A dealer can't expect you to buy a $50+ thousand SUV and accept it anything less than perfect.
  7. R

Trying not to be angry dealing with Ford Customer Service...

Ford better make this right! Keep us updated.
  8. R

If you didn't buy the 11-16 explorer, then what?

There was no other option for us. I don't trust the quality of Dodge or GM, and frankly...I think the Acadia interior isn't even up to par for a car 10 years ago. The luxury brands are nice, but you pay $30k more for a similarly equipped car.
  9. R

3.5L Engine Oil Capacity

I buy the 5 quart jugs of Motorcraft instead of dealing with 1qt bottles.
  10. R

Traded the Explorer in for this.............

Great choice! Mustangs are so much fun! Stangnet.com, corral.net, and svtperformance.com are the big national Mustang forums. You probably have a good local one too, as there are so many mustang fans.
  11. R

Dimming side mirrors?

Anyone know the answer to the OP's question, without being a bickering junior high kid? I'm also interested.
  12. R

Sport ride vs. the other models

This what I thought...
  13. R

Sport ride vs. the other models

Explorer Sport ride is actually pretty nice/comfortable. You do feel a few more bumps in the road compared to the non-sport models...but the handling improvements are well worth it in my opinion.
  14. R

2016 Sport Seats

Buy a Mustang with the Recaro seats, and keep your Explorer Sport. Then you have the best of both worlds...
  15. R

Front Bra

I know this is an old thread, but how have the clear bras been holding up? Avoiding rock chips is difficult in the Chicagoland as everything is permanently under construction. I'm thinking of getting one.
  16. R

New here, just picked up '15 Sport

Picture added. Fits in great next to the Stangs!
  17. R

Has the ecoboost been fixed?

Sounds like your friends are geeks OP!
  18. R

All Weather floor mats

Get Husky or Weathertech. Save your $75 on the Ford ones...
  19. R

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I just put the Husky mats in my '15. First, second, and third row. Very happy with the coverage, fitment, and overall quality of the mats.
  20. R

2016 Sport WiFi

I doubt it...but would be nice!
  21. R

Sure is. 365HP.
  22. R

Hi there. I just picked up a 2015 Explorer Sport for our family cruiser. Really impressed with it so far! We've always been a Ford family...have an '02 and '06 Mustang GT also...
Back