Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

My mechanic said...

Why is 100K on a first gen so surprising? Mine is a 94 auto with 130k which I feel is low. Driven daily
  2. R

1993 Eddie Bauer - 31 Inch tires??

I ran and wheeled a 96 sport with 33's and 327s for quite a while with no ill effects. All depends on your right foot!
  3. R

Jeep Cherokee Headlight assembly

they are for a zj not an xj
  4. R

Gen 1 version 2.0 build

Nice looking explorer. I have a couple questions for you. Are those 17" gen 3 wheels or 16" Ranger wheels? I never realized the front hub would fit through the center bore. Also, the rear spring plates, are the flipped upside down and reinforced or did you purchase them somewhere?
  5. R

Class 7s Desert Race Truck Revival

Ah, it looked like bedlined steel!
  6. R

Class 7s Desert Race Truck Revival

What is your front bumper fabbed from? Looks awesome!
  7. R

MUTINEER II: New Project Yet to be Named

I didn't think the SOHC made it to production until 97? The white truck is a 96 with a SOHC?
  8. R

Quad battery

evap control for emissions
  9. R

Poor Man’s RZR build

very nice! great swap! I had a 79 F350 many moons ago, built 390 4speed 205 60/60 locked at both ends on 42" swampers. Miss that old girl!
  10. R

Poor Man’s RZR build

Not to Hi Jack, but lovin that shortbed ford bumpside, tell a little more?
  11. R

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

looks like 95-up 4.0 OHV setup
  12. R

Dana 44 Knuckles on Dana 35 TTB

Helpful write up from another site: Beefing Up a Ford Dana 35 TTB Axle
  13. R

Dana 44 Knuckles on Dana 35 TTB

X2, would like to see this also
  14. R

1354 swap

I make it a point to collect those!
  15. R

1354 swap

I posted earlier in this thread, if you use a GEM from a 2001? up sport (new body) in a 99 down sport you will lose nothing. You need a 1354E from an earlier Ex (91-94) and a double cardan shaft (91-96) if your speedo is in the tail shaft of the 4405(95-97) if your sport is 98 up, you can use...
  16. R

1354 swap

It is possible to do a 1354E swap using the electronics in the truck now. I followed AL's guide here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/4405-to-1354-e-conversion.316510/ Unfortunately the pics are now blocked, they were very helpful! I also did this to a sport and used a...
  17. R

Carbon fiber lsd

I used the method outlined on the ranger station board
  18. R

Carbon fiber lsd

you use your old ones, they need to be thinner than the new ones to get the pack seated correctly behind the side gear
  19. R

Carbon fiber lsd

I have these in my Ex right now. I highly recommend them hands down. I also use them in my Mustang, My Ex and Stang are over clutched and I run a little less than required friction modifier in the Ex, but I don't drive it daily or far at speed. It will nearly act the same as a pocket locker...
  20. R

Regearing Question

Yes, as long as you don't engage the transfer case!
  21. R

Regearing Question

do you have the 4406 in it now? if not you would need to re gear both axles as it is awd, unless you remove the front shaft, which is a bad idea because the truck will not stay put in park, it will roll away without the shaft unless you set the parking brake.
  22. R

To 33 or not to 33

I would, are the rims 15x10? that would be the only problem I see, they may rub.
  23. R

4.0 sohc rod knock

Are you sure its a rod? reason I say that is mine had the same affliction at close to the same mileage (224) and it turned out to be a cracked flex-plate (assuming you have an automatic trans). Mine has close to 330 on it now, runs like a Timex! It even lost oil pressure once around 240 and...
  24. R

To 33 or not to 33

That's what I'm running now, 33" BFG KO's, 410s and a over clutched trac loc in the rear. I used the Motorsport HP kit with carbon clutches and over clutched it, it will lock up darn near solid. I think you'll be happy with the 410s, mine is a very solid all around rig. The last thing I want to...
  25. R

To 33 or not to 33

I run about 28 - 30 all the time, I don't adjust much for off road. Lifetime align is a good plan, I can do mine whenever I want, been a Ford tech for more years than I care to mention!
Back