Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Shifting from Manual mode to Drive mode

Its completely fine, I do it all the time
  2. A

Question about the Explorer

I heard on the 2016+ models the footwell shape is better, but honestly everything you asked can be answered by a test drive, or even just walking into a dealership and finding an unlocked explorer
  3. A

Hows your idle with A/C on & off?

Yeah mine does this too. The RPM's will drop and rise on my ex. Sometimes the lights will even dim as the RPM drops for a second. Is that what you're describing? I've noticed that if I give the engine a rev in p/n the issue goes away
  4. A

Decal on Hood

A good idea to consider could be wrapping the scoop in the middle of the hood with some kind of matte black. I'm talking about the shallow valley thing in the center of the hood.
  5. A

anyone have a hard upshift at low speed?

Yes, ours does that, but there is no noticeable noise as you describe. It only has 8k miles ATM. My dad brought it to the dealership to get this checked out, and a kind service adviser took it on a 20 minute test drive, and said it was one of the best driving Explorer's hes ever driven. I...
  6. A

Pedal Placement

Am I crazy or are the petals on the Ford Explorer kind of.... weird? The brake and gas pedals are at different altitudes. After driving another car for a couple days then coming back to the Explorer, I noticed that you can't really pivot your foot between the break and gas pedal like you could...
  7. A

Which is the best year

If you want some info to help you make your decision I'll tell you this. I think the current gen Explorers are the best looking SUV in its respective market segment. That's probably the main reason we went with the Explorer. Coming from a 1999 Pathfinder, the new Explorer handles ridiculously...
  8. A

Which cold air intake system is better

I have a K&N intake on my 2015 XLT. The main reason I got it was because I don't like the stock muted engine, and I think it met my expectations pretty well. The engine has a deep growl when accelerating, without any type of drone. If that's what you like I'd recommend it. If you're looking for...
  9. A

Foldable Cargo Liner for Cargo Area

Thanks, it seems like I've been the wrong impression about the construction of most mats
  10. A

Thanks! Found one for the 2015.
  11. A

I'm looking for some kind of cargo liner (for when the third row is stored) which can also be folded away and stored if I want to use the third row temporarily. I do not want a conventional hard plastic cargo liner, because to my understanding they cannot be folded and stored in the trunk if I...
  12. A

Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners

Looking for recommendations for a trunk liner with the 3rd row folded down. I would prefer something that is easily foldable, so in the case I do need the 3rd row, I can easily just put the liner away in the trunk. Thanks so much!
  13. A

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

Is there any trick to getting access the to four nuts at the bottom? I can barely even touch them...
  14. A

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

Does anyone have any tips for removing the four nuts at the bottom of the grill? They seem incredibly hard to access... Is there a certain tool that would be helpful? Thanks
  15. A

What does everyone want to see in the redesign of the Explorer?

I think they should all be able to tow 5k LBS, making people pay extra for that is pretty dumb IMO. It doesn't have to come with a hitch, but there doesn't need to be an Explorer for towing and an Explorer that can't tow. I understand they want to make money, but I don't think this is a common...
  16. A

Terrible MPG after K&N intake

Don't be too worried, I honestly think it was more of an issue with me recording MPG's like an idiot than the actual car..
  17. A

So it seems as if whatever the problem was is gone, I'm able to get into the low 20's with my MPG's again. I guess the computer may have needed some time to adjust to the change in air flow? Very odd, but everything is fine now so I'm content. Thanks for all the reply's everyone.
  18. A

I try to drive conservatively to save fuel, I still get **** MPG. Gonna go back to stock intake tmrw, if that doesn't fix anything then dealer.
  19. A

The transmission jerk/lurch been going on since before the intake, it's just very subtle so I (wrongly) haven't given it enough attention. This weekend I'll be going back to the factory intake, hopefully I can get a better idea on where my MPG's are
  20. A

I wonder if this could be related to something else? My transmission started jerking at low speed starts, maybe something in the powertrain is messed up.
  21. A

Before I had the intake I could get 20 MPG with highway-ish driving, now I get like 15 max.
  22. A

Hi all, I installed the K&N 77 Series cold air intake on our 2015 Explorer XLT, 3.5 AWD. I mainly did this for a nice sounding grumble, but also because someone recommenced this as a fix for the sulfur smell under acceleration. Ironically the installation of this intake actually did fix the...
  23. A

Which Headlight HID Kit???

What are the name of the color changing headlights you are going with? That sounds like something cool :p
  24. A

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Just a head up to everyone, I installed a K&N air intake for the 3.5 n/a engine explorer and after the first two days the smell was gone.
  25. A

Jolt when starting from stop

Yes, this seems pretty related. Thanks for the info.
Back